Forums Latest Members

Black Friday Deals at Rolex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 28, 2019

Rolex GMT-Master II "Batman" on Jubilee 47% over retail
    Rolex GMT-Master II "Pepsi" on Jubilee 72% over retail
    Rolex GMT-Master II Rose Gold & Steel on Oyster 16% over retail
    Rolex Skydweller Steel Blue Dial on Oyster 59% over retail
    Rolex Ceramic Daytona Steel White Dial on Oyster 109% over retail
    Rolex Ceramic Daytona Steel Black Dial on Oyster 85% over retail
    Rolex Explorer II Steel "White Polar" on Oyster 6% over retail
    Rolex Ceramic Submariner with Date on Oyster 28% over retail

I've purchased and sold all of these models in the past six months. I was doing some fun pricing research and decided to fill you guys in on the current madness taking place.

I know we're all aware of it but when I see posts claiming "Prices are dropping!" & "The bubble is bursting!!" I can't help but wonder how these numbers support that claim. There's still a significant percentage over STILL which I'm sure Rolex is going to use to re-establish retail prices since the market will make these prices happen. Either way I hope we also take a moment to see the value in other brand names and older Rolex models...... Don't go new because your friends will be jealous, do it because you've done your research and nothing else fits the bill.

Happy Turkey Day OF :D

Yours Truly,

Thomas

P.S. What Rolex is doing has the potential to destroy their brand....I push most people to Patek Philippe or Omega because I sincerely believe it's far better value.

Edited Nov 28, 2019
  2. SBS74 Nov 28, 2019

Just curious but wondering where you got your numbers from because they seem seriously flawed

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 28, 2019

4. durri70 Nov 28, 2019

:) :) :)

5. alam Nov 28, 2019

the fourth point of contact?

:)

MPWATCH and Gav1967 like this.
  6. mjb Nov 28, 2019

I concur, I think the OP's numbers are off. Oh sure, Rolex prices are nutty, but "asking" prices on Chrono24 don't represent the actual market.

Edit correction: he's maybe not as far off as I thought. Prices are probably up d/t upcoming holiday.

I just bought an Apollo 11 DSOTM for less than that sub would cost, and I think we can all agree that it is a much cooler watch. No pics yet, arrives next week. Merry Christmas to me. :)

7. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 28, 2019

Which numbers are seriously flawed? I got them from past transactions and current asking prices.

8. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 28, 2019

I don't think you're finding a new Ceramic Submariner for 8900. If so I'd like to purchase one and allow you to make $500.

9. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 28, 2019

I'm also pricing new/unworn watches. If you go more pre-owned without a card I know better pricing can be had. I was more so trying to dig deeper with OF to hear what everyone thinks. Do you think other brands will follow this "wait list" mentality to the same degree? Do you think it's a means to re-evaluate what the market is willing to pay?

10. mjb Nov 28, 2019

Yes, I corrected my post.

11. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 28, 2019

Either way, it should be selling below retail. So many better places to spend 7,000. Congrats on your Apollo 11 DSOTM!! Post some pics

12. Walrus Nov 28, 2019

Damn I saw this nice little citizen auto Chrono on amazon for under 200 it was one of the timed deals I’ve seen it before for over 400 i was going to pick it up give at as a decent Christmas gift but went back and missed the deal. Long Island watches has some specials but I haven’t investigated yet.

13. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 28, 2019

You lost me at Citizen...

14. Walrus Nov 28, 2019

Ha, would have been a nice Christmas gift for my nephew. He would have liked it.

MPWATCH likes this.
  15. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 28, 2019

the original post was most about Rolex being overprice my man, not black Friday discounts - That's awesome you're getting the nephew into the watch game :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

16. Walrus Nov 28, 2019

Oh shoot sorry I thought I was in the regular Black Friday thread my bad