Forums Latest Members
  1. Selbo Jan 27, 2014

I tracked down this 168.004 which I'm told from the seller is from 1963/1964 (the serial number is obscured). MOY seems okay and the cross hair is not too thick. The hands appear to be the correct length and the Constellation font seems consistent with this time period. The crown seems like a replacement since it should be more hidden. Based on information from the seller, the watch was worn at purchase but has been stored for many years. I'm still new at this and I understand that 99% of black dials are redials. Thoughts on this one? Thanks.

omegacon0501(1).jpeg omegacon0502.jpeg omegaconm.jpg

2. John R Smith Jan 27, 2014

Hmmm. Dial looks good to me. Passes MOY. Cross-hairs nice and fine and extend all the way underneath the hour batons. "Swiss Made" is correctly aligned below 6 (last 's' close to centre line). Cross hair passes between the 'e' and the first 'l' of "Constellation", and the star is correctly aligned on the cross hair. The hands look correct, too.

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 27, 2014

Detail could be a little better, but looks pretty good.

4. ulackfocus Jan 27, 2014

The only thing I see potentially wrong is that the north - south crosshair doesn't have the normal tiny space between the it and the inside of the spine of the E in OMEGA. I'm still inclined to call it original though.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 27, 2014

Only issue I see is that the crown might not be a more modern replacement.

Or it might just be pulled out slighly in Picture #2.
    gatorcpa

6. Dablitzer Jan 27, 2014

Lug facets are quite polished, dial and movement looks quite nice. I did have a double take looking at the dial, something looks odd to me, probably just me being a bit obsessive...::book::

7. Stevo May 26, 2014

Bit late to the party but have some comments.
    • My 168.004 has bricks in the observatory roof
    • From the bottom right, the first 3 stars are in line, the 4th 90 degrees left
    Are these distinguishing differences?

stevo