Black/Blue/White/Silver/NTTD SMP Owners

Does anyone own more than one of the current SMP in different colours? I have the blue and NTTD.

I prefer the blue over the NTTD and almost wish I had got the black. Is multiple of the same watch silly?

Absolutely not. Maybe a layman may say it’s silly, but different dial/bezel colours, strap/bracelet options, case material can give a very different look.

Also, who needs to justify it. If you like multiple versions of a similar model and can afford it, who’s to argue.

Personally I love the dial, case and bezel colouration on the NTTD but the fauxtina is a bit strong. The white dial with black bezel looks great in this model as well.

I bought the NTTD thinking that it was finally the 300M for me - no-date plus titanium are two of my favorite things in watches. The crystal was far too reflective for me though so I got rid of it almost instantly, something I have never done before. But it left an impression on me, and finally this year I sprung for the standard black dial. Love it like crazy and haven't looked back, date or not!
(The date is so very nicely and properly integrated it really doesn't make a difference, and should be a lesson to other watch companies on how to do it!)

I flipped the black for the NTTD model.
Can’t see the need to own 2 personally but a white dial Aqua Terra … don’t mind if I do 😀

[...]The crystal was far too reflective for me though so I got rid of it almost instantly, something I have never done before.

I have white and NTTD now and got your point. These reflections are driving me crazy unfortunately. I was anyway not selling the whit, while obtaining NTTD, because I wanted to have both for a few weeks and decide which one stays, which one goes. Looks like the lack of outside AR will be a decision breaker. Here below closeup 4K comparison in different light conditions:

I have white and NTTD now and got your point. These reflections are driving me crazy unfortunately. [...] Looks like the lack of outside AR will be a decision breaker.

Yeah, and I think the problem is made worse by the NTTD's matte dial. Even when the crystal reflects on the standard 300M, the laser-cut waves and polished hands/markers seem to catch the light and reflect back stronger than whatever the crystal is reflecting.
Not only does it make telling the time super easy and functional, it also ends up looking really beautiful.

I'm glad most owners seem to enjoy their NTTDs, I still think in concept and in marketing renders it's a very cool watch, but I just found it to be an absolutely unacceptable oversight on Omega's part - especially at the price they charge for it.

Visibility on the NTTD is certainly not as good compared to the SMP300. But.. overall, I really do enjoy it.

RaWOH7Kh.jpg

I own the gray. Bought it because I thought I had too many blue watches and wanted a variety of colors. Two years of ownership, and it rarely gets worn. In retrospect I should have bought the blue dial.

I would never consider owning multiple colors of the same watch. And the second I write this I realize I own multiple Speedmasters.

Does anyone own more than one of the current SMP in different colours? I have the blue and NTTD.

I prefer the blue over the NTTD and almost wish I had got the black. Is multiple of the same watch silly?
I have the blue and love the NTTD - I think there is room for both. For me, I would probably only have one, as there are many other watches/brands I would like to own as well.

I own the gray. Bought it because I thought I had too many blue watches and wanted a variety of colors. Two years of ownership, and it rarely gets worn. In retrospect I should have bought the blue dial.

I would never consider owning multiple colors of the same watch. And the second I write this I realize I own multiple Speedmasters.

Why do you think that is? Just not like it?

I do think that the Tokyo version with the blue bezel/ white dial was the best of the lot. I regret passing on it if I’m honest.

Visibility on the NTTD is certainly not as good compared to the SMP300. But.. overall, I really do enjoy it.

RaWOH7Kh.jpg
The white looks really sharp on the rubber.