Forums Latest Members

Help with Omega AT "Blue/white"

1. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 7, 2015

I have an issue with my blue/ white "greek colours" AT.

I keep taking it to service but no matter how much money and time i put into it it keeps loosing time and I miss all my deadlines.

It's come to a point when service centers don't even want to look at it anymore as they say I just don't know how to use it. ( something about wanting to know why I keep removing the back cover and wearing it like that but I don't have the money for a display cover and I like the look so F*^% them) I also decided not to pay for this servicing as its not helping with the problem...and I'm running out of money.

Some independent watch makers are offering to take a quick look but with little guarantee and they want to charge me an arm and a leg. I'm asking my family to support me on this effort and lend me some money to keep servicing.

I've decided rather than follow the stupid advice of the service centers and wear with a back cover at all times etc I wanted to take a poll here on the forum.

Should I just keep going as I am and hope for the best? I like the open case, it's pretty, lighter and no one should tell me how to wear my watch. I feel good friends and family are there for a reason.

Or should I accept that it is not meant to be worn like that and follow the advice of the service centers...but then I have to pay them back and I feel they're perhaps manipulating me somehow.

Thoughts?

Too soon?

image.jpg
    Edited Jul 7, 2015
    chickenman26, Paedipod and tsbphd like this.
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2015

3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jul 7, 2015

Did you use the correct tool to remove the cover? Or did you use a large blunt knife? If the latter, this could be why you are having the issues. I would buy the correct tool, this will solve your problems.

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 7, 2015

I used whatever I had lying around the house.

5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2015

Nobel Prize likes this.
  6. alam Jul 7, 2015

image.jpg
    Nobel Prize likes this.
  7. Pvt-Public Jul 7, 2015

Case opening tool with adapters for all case backs.::facepalm1::
    chisel.jpg

Nobel Prize likes this.
  8. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2015

you forgot about this to hold it still...

44506_BV2-L.jpg

Nobel Prize likes this.
  9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 7, 2015

I'm assuming all these tools are of German make?

10. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 7, 2015

they can be if you want them to be.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  11. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 7, 2015

No, they come with too many rules and instructions...I rather just do things my way.

12. watchcollect Jul 7, 2015

Do your thang! It's supposed to be waterproof after all. Those case backs continually get in the way. I prefer to take them off and actually wear the watch flipped so that I can be mesmerized by all the moving parts. It's so fun[emoji109]. The only problem is, I can't figure out how to flip the bracelet so it doesn't look like it's on wrong. Please help me figure this out.
    Every time I go to the AD and ask they give me some smart ass comment. btw, what watch should I get next?

13. destroid Jul 7, 2015

Saran wrap == poor man's display caseback.

Such a great troll thread...

14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 7, 2015

Just because it's a thread in jest it doesn't make it a troll thread...

15. watchcollect Jul 7, 2015

What brand of saran wrap?
    Want to tell my Mom and see if she can send it to me.

DLT222 and Nobel Prize like this.
  16. tsbphd Jul 11, 2015

Brilliant thread. I assume the watch is losing 60 Euros a day?

chickenman26 and Nobel Prize like this.
  17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 11, 2015

Just spray the back with WD-40 each morning old trick not let out that much by service centres as they want to take all your hard earned money.

Side note a few Greek watchmakers would love some work (cash money) at the moment. Post with money inside envelope for discount.

18. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jul 11, 2015

Update:

After all these opinions I have decided to make my proud stand. Here's what I'm going to do... I think. I'll decide for sure tomorrow.

I'm going to set the steel back cover and use the watch on a similar manner to what the watch makers suggested but I'm doing this because I want to and not, in any way, because they told me to.

What I'm hoping is th that they'll give me a break on what I owe them in past services and they will perform one last service just to make sure everything is running right. I reckon I can use the watch for another year or so before my irresponsible nature forces me to tamper with it again . My family said maybe they'll spring some money just so I can add a new bracelet ( thinking a black red yellow Nato ) to hold the watch tight to my wrist. I may use the loan to repay a little of what I owe these greedy watch makers...don't know yet...