Forums Latest Members

Birth year Seamaster 120 2501.50 bracelet pins and tube help

1. ufdlim Feb 27, 2020

I'm pretty new to automatic watches in general and have been collecting vintage more recently. Picked up a Seamaster 120 2501.50. My reason for getting it were primarily that it was dirt cheap due to previous water infiltration (as evidenced on the dial) and that it was my birth year watch. Was able to get an overhaul done so its running great now.

However, when my overhaul was done the watchmaker thought the bracelet was fake so they could not help me replace the pins and tubes. Well... the genius that I am had already fully removed all the pins and tubes. Without old pins and tubes nor new pins and tubes, my bracelet is in literal shambles.

Wondering if anyone can help me with pin+tube part numbers for my bracelet? And maybe confirm if it is indeed fake or not? I am thinking it was considered fake because there was no serial at the 7 o'clock lug on the end links. Bracelet is a 1501/823. Ultimately I'm not completely bothered if it were fake... although I would imagine getting perfectly fitting pins+tubes would be difficult.

snap16.png snap17.png snap18.JPG