Forums Latest Members
  1. ChrisBRoy Nov 16, 2015

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself as I'm a new member here... I'm Chris and I live in Paris in the 11 district.
    I wanted to thanks the forum as it has been a huge source of information for me.
    I have learned many things and this is mostly due to the collectors who post here. Thanks to all!
    I'm collecting since 5 years and I could say that I have been a kind of shadow collector... Maybe because it's my way of being, but it's also because I wanted to improve myself before posting somewhere, or before sharing what I know.
    Friday night I was on your forum and on OTD. I didn't know about that at the corner of my street some horrible things were happening. In a restaurant where I came with my son... Until that my brother told me by phone that he was blocked in the darkness of a bar, hearing gunshots.
    It's strange the way you can see things when it happens so close to you...
    Sooner in the year I was at one steet from Charlie buying some shoes with my brother when they were attacked.
    No matter how this first event touched me, the fact is that I clearly see that I didn't change anything in my life since that moment. Despite this event, one month later I was acting the same...
    Now I don't want to wait a third time to change my way of doing things. Here, it's a tiny little part of what I will change but it's just a start. Now it's time to share. And to conclude on a more positive note, as I will not delayed endlessly, 2015 will be the year of the speedmaster for me as since I'm collecting I have always wanted one.

Thanks OF and best to all.

Chris

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Nov 16, 2015

Welcome, and never worry about not knowing enough. This is a great community and i for one knew very little when I joined. I now feel more comfortable but safe to say still am way behind the general level of knowledge.

Still no one made me feel unwelcome or like I didn't belong, and I have always felt comfortable and equally to even the most informed. It is a great comunity and resource.

My deepest support and sympathy for you and your city. I hope to visit soon!!

3. marturx Nov 16, 2015

Hi & welcome!

Thanks for sharing your story. Looking forward to see some glimpses of your knowledge and your watches!

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 16, 2015

Welcome and thanks for sharing yout thoughts.

:)

5. gophishin Nov 16, 2015

Welcome Chris, my thoughts go out to you, your family, and your city, glad to hear you are safe. I believe we did a transaction earlier this year?

Anyhow, I will say, I'm always impressed this this forum not only shows so much passion and knowledge, but does so with so much civility, kindness, and in a down-to-earth manner. Read as much as you can and don't be afraid to share and ask questions!

6. boat2dan Nov 16, 2015

Welcome Chris, We often forget how fortunate some of us are in our secure surroundings until reminders like your Country has just experienced, we here and around the globe are in your thoughts, and as to the forum here it is great resource with a great community. Stay Strong!

7. ChrisBRoy Nov 17, 2015

Hey Colin! How are you?? Glad to hear from you!! Thanks a lot for your support. I know that I have choose wisely this forum. It's the one which suits me the best and I can tell that I know quite a few. I'm really respectful of the persons here and their classy manners. So be sure that I will participate now :) enjoy the 3647N ;) best Chris

gophishin likes this.
  8. ChrisBRoy Nov 17, 2015

9. ChrisBRoy Nov 17, 2015

Thanks for all your supports gentlemans! I just see all your messages and it touch me a lot. Boat2dan you can be sure that here we will stay strong! Be sure that I will do my best to share and participate here.
    All the best to you.

Chris

10. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Dec 5, 2015

I wish you the best, Chris, and welcome you to the forum.

It all sounded so far away from Southern California... but just a few days ago, a man and women committed mass murder less than five minutes from where I was at the time, killing 14 people. It really hits you hard, when it's close...

,David

JohnSteed likes this.
  11. ChrisBRoy Dec 5, 2015

Thanks to you David,

I'm deeply deeply sorry for these terrible events. I can easily see how you must feel right now. I'm still thinking of what happened in Paris almost everyday...
    It's happening almost everywhere now. Made again on the name of a betrayed god... I hope that the real effect of this will be that people among the world will stand together against this crazy ideology. We are all concerned...

I give you all my support and thoughts David. I'm thinking of the hard time the families are passing through...

Best

Chris

12. Rman Dec 5, 2015

Hello Chris and welcome. Let's hope these kind of events bring us closer together as an international family that values life, and watches:D

watchme likes this.
  13. ChrisBRoy Dec 5, 2015

Thanks Rman!

I would not have been able to say better ;)

Best

Chris

14. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Dec 10, 2015

@ChrisBRoy , wish I had seen this post earlier. I have been in Paris the last two weeks of November and would have enjoyed meeting up for a drink and a little watch talk. Check out Contre-Temps in the 7th. 93 Rue de Bac. Awesome collection of Omegas. My wife and I are in Paris several times a year. Hope to see you on one of our journeys

Tony