Forums Latest Members

SOLD Big, Sweet, Vintage Precimax Aquamax Safety Dual-crown Diver

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 2, 2020

I have a few dive watches to sell, and this is undoubtedly one of the nicest. It's a big vintage Precimax Aquamax Safety, which I consider to be both good looking, and very well built. It is circa 1970, and in very good to excellent condition throughout.

The massive steel screw-back case measures 40mm across without the crowns, and 42mm lug tip to lug-tip. The original brushed and polished finish shows a few small/light scratches and dings, but they are only obvious under magnification. The dial and hand-set are outstanding, in my view, both in terms of condition and design. Really attractive, easy to read, and practical for divers as the two most important hands are accented in red. The flat mineral crystal provides a very pleasing view of the dial, and from all angles.

The watch is powered by a 25 jewel ETA 2788 movement, which is working well, and was last serviced in October of 2016. The case back is too tight for me to remove, but I will guarantee the new owner that it is in excellent condition.

The Tropic-style silicon strap is very comfortable, in excellent condition, and suits the watch very well.

A small related anecdote: I was walking to meet someone for lunch a couple of years ago here in Lisbon, and it was raining fairly hard. I wore this watch under my rain jacket, but made the mistake of putting on a pair of waterproof hiking boots. The soles were relatively hard, and when I reached a slick patch of road, my feet came out from under me and I fell hard. The arm on which the watch was broke the fall, and my first thought was – damn, that impact must have broken it. Nope. not a scratch, and the movement was apparently unaffected. I am very impressed with how the Precimax was able to resist the shock of the hard fall, and it continues to work as well as ever.

If you like this style of dive case, this is an opportunity to pick up a really nice example.

I ask $750 (or EUR equivalent), including EMS express delivery from Portugal. PayPal or bank transfer are fine.

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited Oct 2, 2020
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 3, 2020

OHPF!

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 6, 2020

Sold! Thanks to the UK-based buyer, and the forum team and members for their support. :thumbsup:

jB1128 and wilderbeast like this.