Forums Latest Members

SOLD Sweet Vintage 500M TECHNOS SKY DIVER

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 26, 2018

I am letting go of this very nice vintage Technos Sky Diver. This is the less common 500M (50 ATM) version, and it is in excellent, original condition.

The substantial, unpolished stainless steel case, which is very similar to the one used by Titus in their (also desirable) Calypsomatic divers, measures 37mm excluding the screw-down crown.

The movement is an unusually nice (for vintage dive watches) 30 jewel ETA Caliber 2472, finished by Technos. The specs for the caliber were 18,000 BPH, Incabloc shock protection, a 42 hour power reserve, and semi-quickset date function.

The original crystal is a thick, heavy domed acrylic type, with a "cyclops" magnifying lens placed on the underside of the crystal (the best design, IMO). There is a bit of crazing, but it is only obvious from an angle, and so the crystal looks good and clear when the watch is viewed directly. I personally wouldn't see any need to change it.

The dial and handset are both well-preserved with their original lume.

As noted above, the watch is in excellent condition throughout. Though typical signs of use can be seen on the case under magnification, the original satin finish on the top of the lugs remains intact, and none of the fine scratches or tiny gouges are at all obvious or troubling to my (naked) eye. The movement was serviced around three and a half years ago, and the watch is running well. I would suggest having a watchmaker check it, though, if you plan on regular use.

I will also include what may have been the original flat-link, signed bracelet, which came with the watch. The bracelet is in excellent condition, but is fairly short (I have small wrists), and I am not certain that I will be able to locate any extra links.

I ask $1900 (or Euro equivalent), and will ship EMS worldwide at that price. Add $75 for FedEx. I would prefer a bank transfer, and can accept either USD (in a U.S. bank) or Euros in a European bank. Paypal is possible, but details will need to be discussed. The watch is located with me in Lisbon, Portugal.

For some price context, here are two examples that have sold on eBay recently. NOTE: You must click on the word "listing" in the upper left of the linked pages in order to reach the expired auctions.

This one ($1825) had an incorrect crown, was not in as good condition as mine, and was missing the nipple:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/183148514359?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

This one ($2125) is largely similar to mine, though the movement and nipple do not appear to have been in as good condition:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/153013880805?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Finally, please note that black dialed divers with thick crystals are notoriously difficult to photograph well, due mainly to reflections. As a result, I fully expect the new owner of this watch to be very happy with the watch in person, as it will look much better than it does in the photos. The dial is a deep black, and the patina of the lume is a pleasing compliment.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Regards,

Tony C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 26, 2018

Tony, up to what wrist size will the (short) bracelet accommodate, and can you post a pic?

3. Rman Jul 26, 2018

Very cool Tony, and brings to mind things I love about the 2nd gen Polerouter Subs, the case and crown in particular! GLWS

4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 26, 2018

@adam78 My wrist is around 7", and it works. I will search for more links tonight!

Thanks @Rman !

[​IMG]

5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 26, 2018

SOLD! Thanks to the buyer, forum and supportive members!

Edited Jul 28, 2018