Forums Latest Members

Bidirectional bezel, defect Bezel or worst fake watch?

1. panaitchrono Aug 7, 2017

Hi

I'm not an expert so usually when I purchase an Omega watch I buy it with all the cards and papers to be sure that it's authentic but this time I purchase one online without cards and I saw that the bezel it's rotating in both direction and from my knowledge (because I have more Planet Ocean's) the bezel it's unidirectional. When I rotate the bezel I didn't hear a very distinct 'click' . So what do you think?

Thank you. pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic4.jpg pic5.jpg pic6.jpg pic9.jpg pic10.jpg

2. nurseford25 Aug 7, 2017

I believe these models have a unidirectional rotating bezel. I did a quick search and several sales listing from authorized dealers advertise a unidirectional bezel. I don't see any red flags on this watch that indicate it is a fake.

panaitchrono likes this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 7, 2017

They are unidirectional. If there is no click then it's possible the ratchet mechanism under the bezel is broken.

The clasp though does not look right. I'm not sure if it's fake or the text was "enlarged" via polishing.

The spot I look at to detect fakes is in the clear on this watch. And no I'm not disclosing it except to long standing members... although at this point I'm pretty sure the fakes are no longer being made as these are all older then 5 years now.

panaitchrono likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 7, 2017

Serial number: 78072593
    Article ref: 22185000

Bezel should only rotate CCW, so likely the slick spring is broken. Not a big deal to fix for someone with the right tools.

Cheers, Al

panaitchrono likes this.
  5. panaitchrono Aug 7, 2017

Thank you all for the fast replies...I didn't wanted to open it to see for sure that it's not a fake, and I'll appreciate some advises from the experts where to look in general in a picture to spot a fake..

Regards.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 7, 2017

Nice watch. I love mine. The movement is so buttery smooth to operate.

panaitchrono likes this.
  7. ras47 Aug 9, 2017

I just fixed the bezel spring on my Rolex GMT2 and it's a simple deal, assuming it's a similar design. The shape of the end of the spring is what makes it uni-directional or bi-directional. The spring is an $8 part.

panaitchrono likes this.
  8. Perseus Aug 9, 2017

When my click spring broke on my 2500 PO the bezel turned both ways.

panaitchrono likes this.
  9. panaitchrono Aug 11, 2017

Thank you for all the replies..