Bezels for Sapphire vs. Hesalite Front Crystals

Hello all- I'm new to the forums. I had a technical question and this looks like the best place to learn more about the Speedmaster I've been enjoying for a year or two now.

I've got a modern Sapphire Sandwich Speedmaster and was curious if the bezels from Moonwatch models with Hesalite front crystals would fit my watch. I'm looking to replace my bezel, but I don't know if the Sapphire Sandwich has a specific bezel design/dimension.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bob

It's the same bezel - sapphire or acrylic crystal makes no difference.

Cheers, Al

Quick update...

Bezel arrived and thanks to Archer's advice looks to be a direct replacement. I planned on switching these myself but before buying the tool on eBay (which looks questionable), I called around to a few watchmakers in Pittsburgh, PA and no one will touch this thing. Omega dealers don't have the tool on hand, a few of the independent guys were afraid of pulling off the crystal.

This looks really straight forward. Any advice? Reputable semi-local watchmakers that could do this in 10 mins? Any reason why I shouldn't go at this myself?

I'm in Sydney Australia so not sure about local watchmakers, but I can tell you that (assuming you're talking about a Speedmaster Pro) replacing bezels on Speedmasters is really quite straightforward if you have a press, and some patience.

It is friction-fitted to the case so pops on and off with a certain amount of force, and does not require the crystal to be removed to do so. Seems odd that no watchmaker would touch it... did they cite a reason why?

You can always just send it to @Archer 😉