Bezel Replacement Question.

Let me start by saying that I have no wish to replace or restore the bezel on my Seamaster pro 2531.80.00. I'm taking it with me to "the home"with its honorable wounds, but googling about, it seems that some like the look of an unblemished bezel. Is it possible to replace the bezel with an aftermarket one and replace the original later without affecting the value of the watch?. I think on mine it would look rediculous given it overloved patina everywhere on the exterior. from 50years of use, but if were otherwise near pristine...

Its a very simple swap, and easy to swap back again in the future. You can also change colour etc.

So yeah, zero impact on sale value assuming you swap it back

Besides after market you can replace it by a true new one through Omega. It will affect your watch value but in a good way. Beaten up 2531 doesn't sells higher at all. But as you said, there is no reason to make changes on your own watch you have for years.

All the perfect condition 2531 you can find are coming out an Omega service. Not from forgotten drawers.

Just a warning that bezel inserts for Omega watches don’t snap out easily like on older Rolex models. I considered this years ago on an older model with an aluminum insert like yours. Bought the aftermarket insert, got the bezel off, then tried to snap out the original insert. Couldn’t do it easily, and not wanting to risk destroying it, decided to keep it.

Omega changed mine "as a gesture of good will" when I sent it for service.
Inner and outer bezel parts were both scratched but now, nothing.
The outer part looks amazingly fresh.

I'm doing nothing with mine. Gave my Seamaster 60, which I bought at the tail end of my enlistment (USMC, '69) and wore daily for many years, to my son after a complete service. My stainless Seamaster 300 from around 1980 is going to my grandson. I'll likely sell my 2-tone Seamaster that I wrote about in an earlier post when I figure out a fair price. Still have a stainless Seamaster 300 of recent vintage with the co-axial movement. Undecided there.
As an aside, I've owner and sold 3 Rolex watches: a stainless Oyster perpetual and 2 Subs, stainless and 2-tone. Fine watches, but none kept time as accurately as my Omegas. Great investments though.