Bezel for Speedmaster Professional Calibre 1861

Need a new bezel for my watch.
Omega unable to give me a part number and insists I bring watch in for service. This watch is 5+ years old, but still working as new and I'm reluctant to give it to Omega for $1000 service, so I'm looking to save the money and just replace bezel. Am I being foolish, or wise?

Send it to an independent with a parts account. They can supply and fit it without a full service.

Send it to an independent with a parts account. They can supply and fit it without a full service.

Might do that!

Maybe not. That's basically selling parts which is frowned upon.

As long as the independent installs it, there wouldn’t be a problem.

Like 2
Nonsense. Omega still allow replacement of a part without a full service. Or so is my understanding. And Al above should know. I suspect even an OSC will do this as long as it doesn’t compromise the things they have to warranty.
Edited:

I suspect even an OSC will do this as long as it doesn’t compromise the things they have to warranty.
Sent this off to an OSC because the bezel fell off. They replaced the bezel without a service. They even replaced the entire case under warranty as the bracelet was rubbing a groove in the case between the lugs.
IMG_6783.jpeg

As Al said above, sent this to my independent with a parts account and he installed a new bezel without servicing the watch.
IMG_9958.jpeg

Like 1
The AD will do this without doing a service. I have just done it. The problem with this 1861 bezel is that it's some variation that AD said. So it have to be done by service center. The time they use is insane. 4 weeks

Appreciated. Mind if I ask what the difference is between this and my original?

bezel insert is ceramic instead of aluminum, writing is lumed and has dot over 90.

case back they offer is sapphire and thinner making the wearability better.