Forums Latest Members

Beware of poor service: www.vintagestraps.it

1. aap Nov 15, 2017

Just warning the community about this online site that sells watch straps - http://www.vintagestraps.it/

I placed and paid for a set of straps last September 15, 2017 via their site. I got confirmation that same day. Since then, the following has happened:

Email update on Sept 20: "We will do our best to ship for end of the month".
    Email update on Oct 6: "Is been scheduled for next week, we will ship in 7/10 days. You will get an email with the tracking."
    Email update on Oct 26: "it is on production are you sure the buckle is 18mm (bigger than at the lugs 17mm) and not 16mm?"

Since then, I've emailed them again (even asking for my money to just be refunded) and messaged the owner (a certain Andy Bel) on his Facebook, but sadly, I never got any reply.

Avoid this company.

kaplan likes this.
  2. dodo44 Nov 15, 2017

I have dealt with them several times in the past, most recently last month for some custom order open-end straps. They are very slow but I always got my straps in the end. The straps are of excellent quality.

superfly likes this.
  3. mr_yossarian Nov 15, 2017

8 Weeks and bad communications to delay the delivery even further. Even if it's not scam, it's nothing I would accept either.

EDIT: I bought several straps at glcstraps.it in Italy, can only recommend them.

4. MaiLollo Nov 15, 2017

Agreed about GLC Straps, best quality for the bucks I ever experienced. Colareb produces very nice straps as well but I enjoy GLC's style more

watchknut, mr_yossarian and aap like this.
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 15, 2017

I've had bad experience with this company as well. Ordered a strap in March. Still don't have it and Communications have stopped entirely. They were rude initially and completely unhelpful. I would never recommend them to anyone.

Honza, pascs and aap like this.
  6. mr_yossarian Nov 15, 2017

That experience seems to be a Dodo as well :)

7. mr_yossarian Nov 15, 2017

It's so easy to accelerate or f**k up your business , two people from different ends of the world is two too much if you ask me.
    As a seller, I always try to behave like I want to see it when I buy from someone.

JohnSteed, ewand and Speedmasterfan88 like this.
  8. aap Nov 15, 2017

True.

Wow, you ordered yours last March? And I'm complaining! Haha.

9. dodo44 Nov 15, 2017

That's bad. I am glad that I got mine (ordered in June, delivered in September). They were custom orders with open-ends (worth over 300 euros total). It is the only company that I know of that can do open-end straps with good finishing. I have used 2 other companies before but the stitching was laughable or the strap was generic.

10. pascs Nov 15, 2017

I had the same issue with them when i ordered 2 straps for my upcoming Speedy Tuesday, eventually I cancelled the ordered and got my money refunded.
    I then bought 2 straps from B&S (who i think maybe get their straps from that Italian company?) but wish i hadnt bothered with them either, the straps were delivered quickly but the quality was very poor.

So I wouldnt recommend either company :(

aap likes this.
  11. aap Nov 15, 2017

Good thing you got a refund. I've bought a couple from B&S before and was happy. But that was at least a year ago. So, could it be that their quality has gone down?

Edited Nov 15, 2017
  12. pascs Nov 15, 2017

I saw a few reviews of B&S straps previously and the reviews were fine, my straps were very disappointing especially since they were destined to be used on my Speedy. I have the straps on a couple of my other watches now so at least they are being used

13. NT931 Nov 15, 2017

Bought a brown B&S strap this year, pretty happy w the quality and leather.

+1 for GLC straps, reasonably priced and they do custom short lengths :)

For open ended straps, Curious Curio in Japan does good ones. I just bought one for my Tavannes. Good quality at a very reasonable price.

ELV web, Dre, aap and 4 others like this.
  14. WatchVaultNYC Nov 15, 2017

Poor service certainly, but falls short of a scam.

BenBagbag, dodo44 and Foo2rama like this.
  15. gdupree Nov 15, 2017

Thanks for the heads up. Whether just poor business people or malicious, I’ll be happy to not use them.

16. Davidt Nov 15, 2017

If at least two members have paid for items they have not received, I'd say that's a scam.

17. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 15, 2017

It was even more complicated in my case. After a few weeks of nothing and no replies from the vendor, I went to paypal and opened a case. The vendor played along and said the straps took several weeks to manufacture. By then, the case expired and PayPal wouldn't reopen the case.

I probably could have been more aggressive I'm seeking a refund at that point, but chalked it up to a learning experience.

18. Kali77 Nov 15, 2017

Sorry to hear about your experience. That is very frustrating.

I will put in another vouch for GLC straps, I have roughly 7-8 now and thanks to this thread just ordered another batch. Great quality at a reasonable price.

19. dodo44 Nov 15, 2017

They look good indeed. I am not a big fan of the printing on the backside and they only use glue on the leather loop, no stitching.

patrick1616 likes this.
  20. watchdaddy1 Nov 15, 2017

Sorry to hear this ,I've purchased & received several from them. I must be 1 of the fortunate 1's.