Forums Latest Members

Beware mdgrwl! Bad faith salesmanship!

1. scottmull713 Oct 12, 2016

Good morning all-
    Yesterday I tried to purchase an Omega SMP from seller mdgrwl. His listing clearly states that he accepts paypal, check and wire and when I choose Paypal, he declined for no reason. The core tenet of any seller is trust and if that seller breaks that trust, then others should know about that. By the way, I have a 100% rating on Ebay as buyer/seller and I had a reference from a DC dealer with whom I bought TWO Omegas in the past year.

2. mdgrwl Oct 12, 2016

Scott,
    So lets get this straight. Your upset because I wouldn't accept Paypal payment from you (and I have good reason), but I did give you the option to pay via wire or check. That's what this is all about... Okay.

My turn:
    I have over 50 transactions between WUS, TRF & the Omega Forums - all 100% positive. I've never had a bad experience with anyone, until you came along. Additionally, I do accept Paypal from 99.99% of buyers and even first time buyers.

But Scott, you are a unique case and we both know why - we discussed this privately. Your stating I "declined for no reason" is a lie. I gave you a detailed explanation as to why I did not feel comfortable accepting Paypal from you.

With all the fraud & scammers out there, we as sellers sometimes exercise the right to accept wire only if we feel the possibility of fraud or a Paypal dispute coming - which is exactly my reason for not accepting Paypal from you - we discussed this. I was more than willing to sell you the watch, but via wire or check only as I explained to you in our private emails.

Why you want to make this public in an attempt to put my flawless record down only affirms my hesitance of working with you via Paypal. I obviously picked up on something, and you creating these threads affirms that gut feeling you were a risk.

For the record, you also created a similar thread over on WUS that can be seen here:
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/beware-mdgrwl-bad-faith-salesmanship-3660042.html

But because you got nowhere on WUS, you decided to open another thread here on the Omega Forums? Nice.

Edited Oct 12, 2016
  3. Jonatan Oct 18, 2016

For the record, I also only accept Paypal from seasoned Omega Forum members and I'm not the only one.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  4. morningtundra Oct 18, 2016

Sellers are not obliged to sell to you. If you want their product at their price it's their terms or shop elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited Oct 19, 2016
    BartH likes this.
  5. Swissgmt1675 Oct 18, 2016

+1

6. mdgrwl Oct 18, 2016

thanks for the support guys...

tpatta likes this.
  7. tyrantlizardrex Oct 18, 2016

This. This times 100.

PayPal relies on the seller trusting the buyer - and trust is earned.

8. mdgrwl Oct 18, 2016

^ Exactly. And the OP's "complaint" is I didn't trust him or have "faith" in him. Just because your a consumer doesn't mean your always right, or trustworthy.

Bah...