Forums Latest Members

Best (and easiest) way to sell a timepiece ???

1. habsmd Dec 7, 2017

Hi guys and girls,

I was wondering if any of you have advice about the best way to go about selling a timepiece. Any and all tips welcome.

thanks
    mark

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 7, 2017

Try searching, as there are already multiple threads. I am not sure Best = Easiest though...

Assuming you are in the US, there are watch-related websites like Watchuseek and Timezone. There is also eBay. and there is Omega Forums, if you have 200 or more posts.

But best place to sell a $200 watch is not necessarily the best place to sell a $20,000 watch.

Foo2rama, Looneytoons, IDXM and 2 others like this.
  3. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 7, 2017

well..what you got?

watch3s, citizenrich and Rodmar like this.
  4. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Dec 7, 2017

Mr Talon is spot on.

habsmd likes this.
  5. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 7, 2017

Pretty much...if it is worth a crap.

6. jakeh417 Dec 7, 2017

The hardest part of selling for me is the part where you pray and hope the buyer doesnt screw you. Just as they say you have to find the right seller, you also have to find the right buyer. One bad buyer and it can ruin the whole hobby for you....

IDXM, habsmd and citizenrich like this.
  7. 77deluxe Dec 7, 2017

Flea market

MaiLollo likes this.
  8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 7, 2017

9. habsmd Dec 8, 2017

tag f1 chronograph in black

IMG_3163.JPG
  10. habsmd Dec 8, 2017

11. habsmd Dec 8, 2017

yea so I messaged crown and caliber just for kicks to see what they'd offer and they offered me $850. So much for that.

watch3s likes this.
  12. Edward53 Dec 9, 2017

If it's crap, sell it on ebay.
    If it's something really nice, sell it on here.
    If it falls somewhere in the middle, er - I haven't got that far yet.

Martinibianco likes this.
  13. river rat Dec 10, 2017

When I use to sell a few when I lived in Calif. we had a local NAWCC chapter that had a mart every other month that was bigger on watches than clocks like most of them are so was easy to sell a few if you got a local NAWCC chapter near you and if it has a mart check it out some are no good some are I was lucky with chapter 5 in the bay area. Also some one said time zone and watchuseek I had luck with time zone once when I sold a modern Omega I am a vintage collector it did not agree with me so sold it. On forums when I did sell it was only conus in the USA and only took money order did not ship watch till paid that way you don't get screwed as a seller just insure the package and have it sighed for with tracking so no fun and games they received it and said they did not. I don't sell often think the last watch I sold was a Omega SHOM to a friend on another forum 2 years ago knew him a while so a smooth sell. You buy what you like and you don't sell that's the best way you buy a substitute due to price for a watch you wanted it's gone it's not the one you wanted that saved me from being a flipper and seller like I see a lot on forums.

14. Martinibianco Dec 11, 2017

+1!
    Though I haven't yet sold anything on eBay (too scared?) nor on this forum (not reached the min no. of posts). But one day I will. Soon, I hope...

15. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Dec 18, 2017

on this forum as " Safe to Buy & Sell here " should become its official slogan ;)