Forums Latest Members

Best 6 bucks I've spent in a while (leather punch)

1. BradleyJ. Mar 11, 2019

I know this is as basic of convo as it gets but if it helps one person great.

Now I'm usually the guy who tells people to stay away from Harbor Freight tools Haha. But I couldn't resist a leather punch for 6 dollars. My father has one like this (little more crude) that he got from his father and I've been borrowing it for years for belts and what not but I'm sick of driving over to his house to use it. Grabbed this thinking how bad can it be.... the jury has spoken... it punches a clean hole for cheap. I didn't want to chance messing up an expensive snoopy strap with my normal punches.

Side note: they also had a pin remover (for watch bands) in plyer style with 2 small tips that seemed to be of very good quality (especially for H.F.) It was 18 bucks so I passed.

20190311_141611.jpg 20190311_141509.jpg 20190311_141704.jpg
    SuperHero likes this.
  2. Wryfox Mar 11, 2019

I've got the same one...works great, like all Harbor Freight tools. Its easy to poo poo their stuff but I've had great success with a garage of full of their stuff. I've got a HF 25gal air compressor that's over 20yrs years old still going strong.

So here's the deal. If you buy a Harbor Freight tool and use it correctly and it breaks, or if you wear it out, get a better one. The rest, just enjoy the cheapness and basic utility.

BradleyJ. likes this.
  3. BradleyJ. Mar 11, 2019

True, most hand tools are pretty decent especially for the price but I'd stay away from power tools in my opinion. While I was there a guy had a carriage of hand tools and he loaded them into a van marked for a automotive garage....... in that case there go with pro tools not H.F.