Forums Latest Members

SOLD Benrus Day / Pointer Date(s) - another unfinished project

1. ulackfocus Jun 30, 2018

Hi everyone!

First, a question that's never been settled. What do you call more than one Benrus? Benri? Benrians?

Nevermind, let's get to the watch.....es. Yes, in classic ulackfocus project fashion, why own one when you can own 2 with spare parts? This was meant to be one watch, with a spare for parts PLUS an extra dial.

[​IMG]

However, the finished watch never came to fruition, so you can benefit from my lack of follow through. You could even end up with two watches out of this, and sell one to recoup your outlay. Having never been serviced, I don't know how accurate these will be, but I do know the date mechanism works on the stainless watch for sure. That says a lot about the condition, because if you know these watches, you'll know that's one of the first things to freeze up when the watch needs servicing.

More pics, with the stainless version shown in detail:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Contact via PM here ONLY. Price for the whole shebang (no caboodle included this time) is $550, which includes USPS shipping within the CONUS. I do not ask buyers to cover PayPal fees if you wish to pay that way, nor does the price mean net to me - you send me the funds whichever way we agree, and I'll absorb the fees.

Thanks for looking!

2. airansun In the shuffling madness Jun 30, 2018

Wish you were selling Speedmasters this way!

I imagine you offering Ed Whites, two of them, for an incomplete project of yours, maybe $2-3k together? Well, maybe more like $4-5k.

PM me if you ever get to that stage, before you post it. I’ll even pay the transaction fees at that price!

3. ulackfocus Jun 30, 2018

If you ever see me post a Speedmaster, and it's NOT April 1st, you know my account was hacked. :p

Als 27, chronoboy64, BatDad and 10 others like this.
  4. ulackfocus Jun 30, 2018

Watch(es) has/have been claimed by a forum member so it's/they're staying in the family.

Thank you ΩF and Doug!

Als 27, aap and Flatfoot like this.
  5. airansun In the shuffling madness Jun 30, 2018

Still under twelve hours.

6. ulackfocus Jun 30, 2018

9.5 to be more precise.

.... but that's because, according to some members who must think I'm independently wealthy, I "underprice" these recent listings "to prove a point". :rolleyes: ::screwloose:: (no screen names necessary - you know who you are) Yeah, that's me - leaving hundreds of dollars on the table just to win an argument on the internet with total strangers. :cautious: ::bleh:: ....meanwhile I'm driving a 10+ year old Toyota with nearly 140k miles on it. :p

So what's the moral of the story?

a) The love of money (greed) is the root of all unsold watches.
    b) A potential seller who values his watch WAY more than everybody else in the watch community will never be an actual seller.
    c) I hate ulackfocus. He's a putz.
    d) All of the above.

7. gostang9 Jul 1, 2018

Surprised this went so fast, considering the lack of ‘caboodle’... guess I’m undervaluing just how much the ‘whole shabang’ is worth on its own.

Congrats to all.

dougiedude and ulackfocus like this.
  8. ulackfocus Jul 1, 2018

It's a personal preference thing.... some would rather have a caboodle with their kit, others want the whole shebang. Maybe next time I'll offer the whole 9 yards as part of a listing.

Als 27, Paedipod and gostang9 like this.
  9. Vitezi Jul 1, 2018

ulackfocus and WhatYourWatchSay like this.
  10. WhatYourWatchSay Jul 1, 2018

Lazy, lazy man ;)

ulackfocus likes this.
  11. gostang9 Jul 1, 2018

Now that’s a new feature entirely lacking in my watch pricing lexicon.. off to research the effect of the ‘whole nine yards...

Although, is that at all appropriate for a sub-34mm case diameter... :thumbsdown:

::psy::

ulackfocus likes this.
  12. ulackfocus Jul 1, 2018

*** Forgot to mention - to those members who will remain nameless that accused me of giving away watches, I won't see any more of your PMs that were sent, nor further replies you've sent. I'll have to use a message that I'm not going to delete as the example since I've already deleted the others. There's this wonderful feature you can use with PMs you don't want to be part of anymore. I've underlined it in green - it shows right below the title of the PM:

[​IMG]

When you click on LEAVE CONVERSATION, a popup box appears that gives you two options. The first is to "ACCEPT FUTURE MESSAGES" so you'll stay in the conversation, but the PM will no longer show in your Inbox (until a new reply is posted). The second, which is the option I'm talking about, is to "IGNORE FUTURE MESSAGES", which will allow the member who's pestering you with his/her annoying opposing opinion to replyreplyreply, hammering on their keyboard for dozens of messages back at you, but you'll never see any of those messages, so therefore not have to bother with even reading them.

[​IMG]

The PM is gone from your Inbox and you'll never ever see it again. It's awesome! :thumbsup:

Edited Jul 1, 2018
    merchandiser, BatDad, shishy and 4 others like this.
  13. gostang9 Jul 1, 2018

So I can stop sending my fan mail... ? ;)

14. ulackfocus Jul 1, 2018

You can send me PMs anytime you want! I haven't used "IGNORE FUTURE MESSAGES" to one of your conversations yet.

..... as far as you know. [​IMG] :whistling:

15. gostang9 Jul 1, 2018

‘‘Twas in jest only. Neat feature, have never had need for it myself and I hope that continues.

16. Oku Jul 1, 2018

Benrussians?

17. ulackfocus Jul 1, 2018

Easy there - they aren't communist watches. [​IMG]

18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 1, 2018

Bennies

"Got any bennies in your collection?"

ulackfocus and Paedipod like this.
  19. Oku Jul 1, 2018

You don't like Russians?
    russia1.jpg russia2.jpg russia3.jpg russia4.jpg

20. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jul 1, 2018

Not sure what "lack of caboodle" means. I thought the price was incredibly reasonable for the package - whatever may have been missing.
    And I like the point being made too. :thumbsup: