Forums Latest Members

SOLD Benarus Moray Bronze 44 500m Diver

1. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Mar 1, 2017

Benarus Moray 44 in Bronze, one gorgeous diver, with sapphire see-thru window, ETA 2824-2, titanium case-back and crown (signed), helium escape valve, Superluminova dial/hands/pip, and 4 straps with 4 buckles, two of them 'Benarus' signed ones. Perfect, easy-turning, unidirectional bezel. The date window color matches the dial...

This is watch #99 in this LE of 200 (if memory is serving me ;)), and it's in 'near-mint' condition. The dial and both sapphire crystals, front and back, are perfect. There are two shallow scratches on the titanium case-back.

Please see all of the pictures, as they are an integral part of the description.

I've owned this one for a few years, and as you can see, the beautifully sculpted bronze cushion case has gained a wonderful patina.

I must sell, because now that I am a vintage lover, the 'wearability' for this one has waned since it's probably twice the weight of what my wrist is now used to. I'm still tempted to keep my Benarus as a nightly-illuminating beside 'clock' because of the blazing luminosity of the dart dial!

The movement keeps wonderful time (it's the higher grade ETA 2824-2)and is nicely decorated (see-through sapphire back).

The size is 44mm wide, both the case and the bezel. Lug width 24mm.

I'm including 4 different straps and buckles (please see the photos), so you have many choices in the look! The leather ones are available for individual purchase, but not the 2 signed buckles. I promise to keep their availability known here in the ad for those interested. The rubber strap is a nice, soft quality that I forget the name... I'll update when I remember!

Also included is the original dealer card, and leather carry-case.

Your price: $800 includes CONUS shipping and PP. International OF members only, and by my approval. PM me for an estimate of additional charges (minimum $50). Domestic buyers have a 3-day inspection period after which they may notify me for return of the watch in the same condition as received.

PM me for any inquiries/questions/additional photos.

Photo Mar 01, 2 26 26 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 01 35 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 10 23 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 11 00 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 11 20 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 11 30 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 16 33 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 05 42 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 09 19 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 33 11 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 09 59 PM.jpg Photo Mar 01, 2 30 45 PM.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

Edited Mar 1, 2017
    Kreindog24 and ahsposo like this.
  2. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Mar 5, 2017

Slow to update, but not surprisingly, this one sold quickly!

Probably one of the few micro-brand divers that could actually go up in value, it's so unique and beautiful.. and now out of production.

Thank you to the buyer, and to this fine forum for a great sales venue :thumbsup:!