Forums Latest Members

Beautiful Explorer 6610 for 21.1k

1. Sa Calobra Feb 23, 2023

Hi everyone, ever since I read an article on Fratello about it, I'm intriged by this watch.

The dial, the gold colored hands, I just think it looks beautiful. It's priced at 21k and therefore far out of my budget to even consider it. AVW is known for selling watches within a matter of hours, but this one has been sitting there for a few months already. Therefore out of curiosity - what's your opinion about this watch? Is it heavily overpriced? Perhaps the photos are too polished and it doesn't look that nice in reality?

I know very little about Explorers and I'm not looking to buy one - I'm just very curious about this watch in particular.

Explorer-8.jpeg
    Mam, Duracuir1 and Walrus like this.
  2. GuiltunderGlass Feb 23, 2023

The images obscure the lugs, which might mean they've been polished down. A deal breaker for many even when the rest of the watch is nice. Market has cooled down as well.

3. Dan S Feb 23, 2023

Without the original glossy finish on the dial, the value plummets.

kyle L and sdre like this.
  4. janice&fred Feb 24, 2023

I think the aging of the watch and dial aren't as detrimental to the sale as the steep price. There would be collectors in line to buy the thing if the price was reasonable.

airansun, Duracuir1 and Dash1 like this.
  5. spacemission Feb 26, 2023

Without jubilee and unpolished please.

6. steversaurus Mar 6, 2023

Which is also why the good ones command such high prices. They're getting harder and harder to find.

7. morningtundra Mar 6, 2023

Charming but optimistically priced. Perhaps being offered on consignment.

8. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 7, 2023