Forums Latest Members

Beautiful day to ride a bike!

1. Wetworks Jan 4, 2017

Thanks guys , it's been a work in progress for about 2 years now, finally at the point where I can say it's done (maybe :whistling: ). As for being jealous, you guys do realize there's probably a couple of watches in that setup, right? :confused:

Hijak and Mad Dog like this.
  2. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Jan 4, 2017

IMG_0625.JPG -5 *F , windchill -20F* , Phucket

3. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jan 4, 2017

Thanks, man...OK...my 1989 Schwinn Waterford Paramount doesn't suck...but I just can't crank out [and maintain] the watts like I used to do. :confused:

Wetworks likes this.
  4. Hijak Jan 4, 2017

Feel your pain but compared to most your doing pretty well...sucks getting old!:(

Wetworks and Mad Dog like this.
  5. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jan 4, 2017

I hear you...we're not the young whipper snappers that we used to be. :(

Hijak likes this.
  6. SpeedyAV Jan 4, 2017

@Mad Dog ... turn that frown upside down :rolleyes: ...also, I've been meaning to ask, do you work for Dunkin Donuts, or maybe you're the true CEO and you've been playing Undercover Boss all this time :cautious:

Mad Dog likes this.
  7. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Jan 6, 2017

Quality time with my home built time machine
    I have been working on my time machine for quite a while now and at last it seems like I have got it up and running. I set the timespan to 1991-92 and decided to have a go at it.

Landed in Belgium and went straight to Heerenweg 11, Meise and sneaked in to the show room. Eddy was there and we had a chat...

Then everything blurred and I woke up in Sweden again. Three hours of daylight (dark daylight) and -20 Celsius. I felt really strange and confused as I came to. Still have no feeling in my left hand.

The nice thing though is that I got a bike with me home thru time travel. The frame is perfect and most of the parts also. Strangely the front wheel and seatpost got mixed up in the time-transformation-equation and has to be corrected.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No - I have not built a time machine... I bought this bike from a nice guy in Germany. He had only used it a couple of times because it was not the right size for him. He had bought it from an elderly man in the Netherlands who had it at his summerhouse and used it very little. This bike is as new.

I have gone over the frame with hawk eyes and only found two pin size paint chips. It is like it left the factory yesterday. I will substitute the seatpost for a Dura Ace Aero, saddle will be a Selle Italia Flite or a Fausto Coppi edition. Period correct Look Carbon Pro (red) pedals and a matching set of 32 spoke MA 40 with tan wall Vittoria Open Corsa 25. Probably a Dura ace stem and a more traditional handlebar. Could go for a Cinelli XA or 1R also.

Then I wish and hope for summer soon and that I will get to take it for a spin.

For those of you not familiar with Merckx in Columbus MAX tubing - here is a short summary:
    Merckx frames in Columbus MXL - the MX Leader are famous. This is a pre-MX Leader in full Columbus MAX tubing. They are quite rare as they were made for a very short period around 1991-92. They are Corsa Extra labeled and below is a catalog pic (stolen from the net). Professionally they were used by both the Motorola and Telekom teams.

[​IMG]

I am really happy to get hold of such a nice condition frame and of such an unusual execution Merckx. Goes straight into my collection but will get used a bit also. This is my fifth Merckx (four MXL and a 80ies cyclocross) and/but it is my number one among them. (Holy cr*p! I have got 30 bikes now :whipped:::shy::)

8. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jan 6, 2017

I don't work for Dunkin'...but they do partially sponsor our masters road racing team. :thumbsup:

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2205.JPG

dougiedude, ahartfie and SpeedyAV like this.
  9. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jan 6, 2017

That bike...is BEAUTIFUL.

WOW.

::love:: ::love:: ::love::

10. SpeedyAV Jan 7, 2017

dougiedude likes this.
  11. Wetworks Jan 14, 2017

Since I'm a relative n00b, I'm not that into vintage, but DAMN that's a NFB!!!
    Ok, that's nuts!!! I pedaled around at my limit of ~30F. Anything colder and I stay in and drink coffee. :D

[​IMG]

12. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Jan 14, 2017

Really enjoy this thread, unfortunately 2016 didn't see me in the saddle due to health issues and was seriously considering parting with my trusty grandfather cycle but after tidying out my photo albums and coming on a couple of mislaid images I live in hope that 2017 will see me spinning the cranks.
    Keep these posts coming :thumbsup:

IMG_4316.JPG

Edited Jan 15, 2017
    dougiedude, ahartfie, Mad Dog and 2 others like this.
  13. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Jan 15, 2017

I like that ride

Wetworks likes this.
  14. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Jan 15, 2017

Gone Phishin' IMG_0696.JPG

dougiedude, Wetworks and Mad Dog like this.
  15. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jan 17, 2017

Gotta take advantage of the 55*F temps here in Cincinnati, OH...busted out the 25 year old Trek 8000 ATB...church of the big ring, baby! :thumbsup:

IMG_1156.JPG

16. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Jan 22, 2017

Beautiful day to upgrade my Lemond.
    New Zip handle bars and stem. Old bar wouldn't support aero bars.

IMG_4623.JPG IMG_4624.JPG IMG_4625.JPG

Have to do something to clean up the wires.

17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2017

Was out at the shops and saw this incredible aero bike parked outside the Apple Store... then I got closer and actually looked at the wheels and what they are... and the frame and what it is...

Someone has a lot of creativity that's for sure, click to view larger and zoom in ;)

IMG_9150.JPG

18. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Jan 22, 2017

Is it covered in foam?

19. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2017

Yes, yes it is. Specifically it appears to be black carbon colored pool noodles that he's cut and shaped into an aerodynamic Kamm Tail type shape much like a Canyon Aeroad, the use of plastic dust bin lids as carbon disc aero wheels though is particularly masterful.

If you want to upgrade you wheels to make them more aerodynamic the link is here:

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/391648092725?_mwBanner=1Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

IMG_9236.JPG IMG_9237.JPG

20. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Feb 24, 2017

20 cm of snow outside. The pack is idling.

[​IMG]

rustynuts, Larry S, ahartfie and 4 others like this.