Forums Latest Members
  1. Joffrey Nov 16, 2013

Hi, I have a Gold Omega Constellation circa 1964 which I inherited. Its currently undergoing a full service so I don't have the watch to show any pictures. Its fitted with a non Omega bracelet but during a clear out I have now discovered the original beads or rice bracelet which was removed when the clasp cover broke. Other than the clasp cover its in pretty good shape and I am keen to restore the watch to its former glory. Can anyone tell me if the clasp covers are still obtainable, do Omega make modern versions that will still fit? I have seen full vintage bracelets on ebay but I only need a clasp cover. I haven't asked Omega yet but it would be useful to know if I stand any realistic chance of locating a replacement cover. The bracelet number is 1502.

cheers

2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Nov 16, 2013

If you don't have any luck, shoot me a PM. I have just taken a gold plated BOR off of my 1962 Seamaster.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 16, 2013

Post a photo of what you are looking for.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 16, 2013

Is it solid gold or gold-cap?

5. Joffrey Nov 17, 2013

Hi, here are a few photos of the bracelet as requested. Its the gold clasp cover with the Omega symbol that is broken, hopefully you can see that in the picture? Part of the outer edge has broken off due to fatigue over the years. I have taken the bracelet into the store today for Omega to clean and hopefully repair but if they cannot locate a clasp cover it would be helpful to know if I can source one elsewhere. I believe this to be gold plate, not solid as asked by dsio.

cheers

103.JPG 104.JPG 105.JPG
  6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 18, 2013

7. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 19, 2013

8. ulackfocus Nov 19, 2013

He has great "eBay-fu".

9. Joffrey Nov 19, 2013

Thanks for the ebay link, have been looking myself but didn't find this one. It looks just the job. Can I ask your opinion on my bracelet? Another posted has suggested it looks worn and the links loose and I should think about replacing. My opinion is its not that bad and I wore it ok for 10 years until the clasp broke. It was my fathers and is sentimental so I do not wish to discard it, can these be serviced like the watch piece itself?

10. Joffrey Nov 19, 2013

11. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 19, 2013

I've bought lots of watches and parts from this seller over the years, so I wouldn't question its being genuine.

12. Joffrey Nov 19, 2013

That's reassuring to know, cheers.

13. Joffrey Dec 30, 2013

Thought that you might like to see a few photos of the restored watch now returned from Omega. Thanks to this forum I was able to locate a replacement clasp which is a perfect match. I think you will agree that Omega have done a superb job and the watch now looks amazing again. Thanks to all who offered help to my original enquiry. Sorry that the quality of the photos and my photographic skills aren't up to much as they don't do it justice but I think you can see the end result is special. IMG_0194.JPG IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0185.JPG