Forums Latest Members
  1. westmtn Nov 29, 2016

Interesting Bauhaus style 30T2 on ebay. The dial is obviously too far gone but I'm in love with the style. If I can get it for cheap enough I would consider finding a replacement dial or sending to Omega for a restoration. I know the crown isn't original but any thoughts if the hands are actually original? I don't see many stick hands on these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232155277869?ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

[​IMG]

2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Nov 30, 2016

The price would need to be negotiated down (asking price is way too high IMHO) but if I were you I'd keep it original despite the fading as those old silver dials have beautiful reflections when you see them in real life, they look nothing like they do on a picture.

What makes you think the crown is not correct? Looks like a perfectly fine 1940s 30T2 crown to me, I bought a very similar one recently for a 30T2.
    It's the style of the period, Longines had similar looking crowns, also on "Bauhaus" style watches such as the one below.
    (And I don't see any reason to think the hands are incorrect).

IMG_8308.JPG
    Edited Nov 30, 2016
    levkov likes this.
  3. Rman Nov 30, 2016

The hands are pretty taxed and if you sent it to Omega they would replace them anyway.
    You would roll the dice and see what they came up with for roughly $2000
    Only you can decide if its worth it.

4. MPWATCH Watch Lover Nov 30, 2016

Zero exp with this model, but I did notice the seconds register hand does not fit the circumference of the register as well as I'd expect. Same issue with the hour hand, I'd think it would just barely kiss the circular hour markers. Could be wrong, but they don't seem to fit the layout of the dial. What about the lugs? Any thoughts on their condition?

Hope to hear from other users with far more exp with this model,

Thomas

5. DON Nov 30, 2016

Minute hand a swap and back is dented and pitted. Lugs look OK

$225.00 watch

DON

MPWATCH likes this.
  6. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Nov 30, 2016

A $225.00 watch with a potential refurbishment cost of $????. Unless you are wed to the idea of this particular watch rather than the style, there may be modern alternatives that will give you the style, without the hassle. I'm thinking of something like the Nomos Tangente.

Nomos.jpg

Even if you decide to go down the vintage route with this piece, you will face the dilemma of restoring (with associated costs) -v- originality. From my own point of view, I wouldn't care to wear the OP watch with such a shagged out dial, so if price was no object, I'd opt for the full refurb - case, dial and whatever else would bring it to a point that I'd be happy to wear it. Others may well differ and might prefer to keep it as original as possible.

However, all things considered, I'd probably opt for a modern watch like the Nomos and start putting my own signs of use on it :)

Larry S likes this.