Forums Latest Members

Batavi Kosmopoliet GMT ----- ETA 2893-2

1. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Apr 4, 2020

2. Faz Apr 4, 2020

Nice looking watch but a GMT with no date?

89-0 and Larry S like this.
  3. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Apr 4, 2020

Bigtonio likes this.
  4. abrod520 Apr 4, 2020

615 EUR - when I backed, about $700 US. Still, fantastic.

I had the exact opposite reaction - a GMT with no futzy date? I'm in!

:D

5. abrod520 Apr 4, 2020

I did it because I've found that the Yema Superman GMT I bought as a travel watch, is just too nicely done to risk damaging etc. But this one hits the right intersection between cool and cheap enough that I won't worry about damaging it. The Yema will probably be going up for sale soon though.

sonicosa and Taddyangle like this.
  6. jhross98 Apr 4, 2020

Cool watch but prefer the baltic acquaschape by a country mile

gdupree likes this.
  7. abrod520 Apr 4, 2020

Not a GMT, be nice if there were one though

8. Faz Apr 4, 2020

Doesn't it defy the purpose of traveling through time zones and changes of date?
    Cool aesthetics but...

9. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Apr 4, 2020

i'm trying to exercise avoidance withe these 500>1k watches. seems like i have unlimited funds with them, but when i jump to 3-5k i'm broke and miss out on a higher end piece.

jumpingsecond and Taddyangle like this.
  10. TDBK Apr 4, 2020

If I recall, @pIoNeErOfThEnILe, you're the one who enabled me into the bronze Yema last year, which I've been quite happy with. I like this watch, and while I think it's a good value, I don't think I like it enough to want to have it in my watch box. But thanks for finding the best of these Kickstarters and letting us know!

11. abrod520 Apr 4, 2020

I haven't noticed any issue figuring out what date it was, since I usually already know around when I'll be landing before I even get on a flight. In fact, having a date has actually caused more confusion in the case of my Tudor, which ties its date to the GMT hand and not the quick-set hour hand - which itself will actually roll the date back anyway if you set it back past 12.

12. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Apr 8, 2020

that yema bronze is a real looker.

as for this watch..i would like to see the all dlc model. but it doesn't look like they will meet the goal

Taddyangle likes this.
  13. TDBK Apr 8, 2020

It's the sandwich dial that almost got me going. (But not quite.)

14. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Apr 9, 2020

i don't own a gmt...i don't have a dlc watch. i don't have a sandwich dial...

right size, no date, passes value & movement.

i'm being tested

downside...i cannot lie. the name sounds like "butabi"

[​IMG]

George.A, ConElPueblo and TDBK like this.
  15. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Apr 14, 2020

seems like they will offer the two reaches .the all dlc and the grey polar.

sharp

[​IMG]

they don't really have an image of the black, so it doesn't look as nice as the others.

[​IMG]

16. sonicosa Apr 14, 2020

These definitely caught my eye, and I even messaged with them a bit on Instagram. If I didn’t already have the Yema GMT, I would be considering more seriously.

The only thing that I don’t really like about this watch is the hour and minute hand shape.

@abrod520 have you settled on a colorway yet?

Edited Apr 14, 2020
  17. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Apr 14, 2020

i like the hands. kind of reminds me of the ikepod seaslug..and in some ways the whole watch does as well

the grey alesund is checking in at $733 usd with the eta and the dlc model is $744.

it's going to be hard for me to pass on one of these two..i hate bringing in the value part of the equation,..but jeezzz, this is priced too low. if i owned the company i wouldn't be selling it under 1k

all the watches would look much better if they used a single color bezel.....imo....if u want a splash of color buy a colorful rubber strap..i mean,..your stuck with some funky color bezels and half of them are written in arabic

sonicosa likes this.
  18. sonicosa Apr 15, 2020

I actually like the Arabic numbers and funky colors. Since I already have a more traditional GMT design in the Yema GMT, I think I would choose the Medina or Sahara if I were going to pick one of these up right now.

I hear you on the value part of the equation, the ETA movement for under $800 seems like a pretty great deal to me.

How do people feel about the fully polished case? I watched the video @pIoNeErOfThEnILe posted above last night, and felt like the case could have used a little contrast in the finishing.

19. abrod520 Apr 15, 2020

I'd actually pulled my funding before, as I wasn't too into any of those colorways and I figured I'd just sit it out. Which is good, because I do quite like the gray and it seems it's a separate product rather than just being able to choose it after the campaign, so I may back again and go with that one. I also have the Yema, but found it's a bit too nice to fill the travel watch role I bought it for so I've actually put that up for sale.

One issue I have with them though is the bezel numerals are misaligned - they're all upright, so 0800 thru 1600 will be upside down when you're viewing those timezones.... maybe something worth verifying on IG before production?

20. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Apr 15, 2020

one update they did was brush the case sides, so it isn't a fully polished watch anymore. smart decision by them

sonicosa likes this.