Forums Latest Members

Baselworld novelties report...hands on ...pic heavy

1. cuts33 Apr 21, 2015

I could bring myself to get a 007 watch if it was tastefully done, but the dial just looks too busy to me. Perhaps in person it is something that just blows you away, but add that to the shield on the seconds hand and the 15007 gauss, it's just too much.

Same with the Snoopy. The "what could you do in 14 seconds" I could live without but not necessarily a deal breaker,

However, the cartoon "failure is not an option" quote is just way too much of a gimmick for me. It's not even a real quote - it was made up for the movie.

I was waiting for Basel to decide on whether to go with the Master Co-Axial blue dial AT and I think I've made up my mind that nothing released is going to top that. I was hoping the AT's would get METAS certified this year but based on the Bond AT and the Good Planet AT, doesn't seem like that will be happening in 2015 at least.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  2. maxtor71 Apr 21, 2015

Great observations @Superdoc - really looking forward to seeing these new Dark Side watches but you're absolutely right, part of what makes the DSOM and I think the GSOM as well great is the ridiculous ways they can play with light.

I forgot to ask earlier, did they also have the new Speedy 57 reference? Can't remember what it's called but it too had vintage looks and now that I think of it, I wonder if that is the more sensible modern/vintage option seeing as how I already have DSOM.

Max

Nobel Prize likes this.
  3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 21, 2015

Oh Yeah, what happened to the 57 Speedy?

I suppose maybe they will come up with a non Bond version of the AT with Some similar design and color aspects but hot the guns and the bonds and all that jazz.

4. Superdoc Apr 21, 2015

The 'Broad Arrow' '57 was there...for me...'meh'
    I was only interested in this '57

image.jpg

The vintage effect was a bit too forced on the broad arrow... And no precious metals...

5. Alex_TA Apr 22, 2015

What its the price of PO GMT Platinum?

6. Superdoc Apr 22, 2015

$75 usd

image.jpg image.jpg
    Practically giving it away!!

Omegawd likes this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2015

That sums up how I feel about all of these actually..."meh"

Cheers, Al

8. bill5959 Apr 22, 2015

In 1969 Omega made a series of gold watches (solid 18k) for the astronauts wit some available to the public. Nos 1 and two were for Nixon and Agnew, but they turned theirs down because they couldn't accept expensive gifts. Could have fooled me. Anyhow Omega got them back. Names are engraved on the back. I know where Wally Schirra,s is and maybe others are known.

9. friendharry Apr 28, 2015

Great pictures and great time in NYC ;)
    My favorites were : the Globemaster platinium, The FOIS in gold, the White Side of the Moon and the new Ploprof (got 2, sold 2, because too heavy. This one will come home for sure) !

10. jcmartinez98 Apr 28, 2015

@Superdoc
    Will you post a couple of the pitch black? That's the only one of the new darksides that got my attention...

11. Superdoc Apr 28, 2015

Be happy to...
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

12. Superdoc Apr 28, 2015

I just realized that is the 'DarkDark' (should be called pitch black)

I need to upload the PB photos... I didn't take many... I felt it to be uninspired... It was the original with lume on the bezel, but without that kick of red 'Speedmaster' on the dial...that makes the original sing so nicely

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  13. friendharry Apr 29, 2015

Sorry, but one watch is missing is this great report ;)

In 2015, Omega will release a new America's cup Team Nea Zealand Seamaster 300. I must say I'm not a big fan of the 300M. Looks "old fashioned" to me, even if years ago, I loved it ... But, to the credit of Omega, this new 300 M is most probably the biggest surprise I had in NYC. I knew about the Globemaster, the new ceramic series and was expecting the beautiful Snoopy. But this 300m looks like a brand new watch, and sorry for the only picture I got, which is bad. I like everything in that piece, from the titanium case, the black bezel, the red / black strap, the counters, etc ...
    I was not planning to buy any 300M in the next couple of decades. Now I changed my mind !!

IMG_0518.JPG
    lillatroll and Wetworks like this.
  14. Superdoc May 13, 2015

ok here's the pitch black... And a 57 BA image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    JohnSteed likes this.
  15. jcmartinez98 May 13, 2015

I see what you mean about the pitch black not being that impressive. Certainly the pictures on the website make it look a little snazzier than these do, but I can see how it would pale in comparison to the original Darkside.

16. Superdoc May 14, 2015

On second look, it also has a matte dial...it's different from the original in all the wrong ways...

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 14, 2015

Its a watch I'd love to wear once or twice but that's about the extent of it, kind of how I feel about many Panerais

18. JohnSteed May 18, 2015

Great pictorial treat, thnx!!

19. sailingchamp May 19, 2015

Is it just me or are most of the "new" watches paint jobs only as they say in the automotive industry?

A strong brand should be cautious to damage the model line-up with too many "specials". Just my two pence.

repoman likes this.