Forums Latest Members

Basel 2017 rumor: new Explorer 2 with ceramic bezel

1. ajd Mar 11, 2017

Forget the ceramic bezel, I would just like to see a return of the 40mm explorer 2 with modern hand set and mechanics. And a price drop to match ... explorers like to spend their money on exploring and not bling thx rolex.

explorer-2-mockup.jpg

semper_shells likes this.
  2. Apollo13 Mar 11, 2017

Never been a fan of the Explorer II personally. I really hope Rolex don't flood these ceramic bezels everywhere. It was a lovely touch for the new Daytonas but I wouldn't want it to be introduced to every model!

As far as Basel world rumours go, a very reliable source has told me the Deep Sea James Cameron blue dial is being discontinued. Then again another very trusted source said the blck dial is being discontinued... but at the end of the day these are all rumours. I often get caught up in Basel rumours because I'm terribly impatient. These rumours do my heart rate no good!

Thanks for sharing, my vote rests with the black dial. The orange hand with a black bezel and white dial just doesn't work for me :(

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 11, 2017

Why is that a positive?

4. Riviera Paradise Mar 12, 2017

Well I have read in forum discussions that some feel that the current GMT ceramic bezels are too fat compared with the 16710 generation. A thinner bezel on the Explorer 2 might appeal to those that want a modern sporty Rolex GMT without a fat bezel...right?

Longbow and Nobel Prize like this.
  5. bokbok Mar 12, 2017

I like the sound of explorer with ceramic bezel [emoji1]

6. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 12, 2017

Ah...I see. Maybe. I suppose for those looking for a GMT function first and the model second may feel that way. My experience is that mostly people are looking for the model first. Both the GMT and the EXP 2 Have a Strong fan following so i believe this will just appeal ( or not) to its existing fan base.

There may be some "window shopper" demographic too that won't know what they want until they see it in person. There again they are as likely to go one way or the other.

Edited Mar 12, 2017
    Riviera Paradise likes this.