Forums Latest Members

FS Barn-find 1960s Wittnauer Supercompressor

1. Deldog May 31, 2015

This barn-find Wittnauer Supercompressor comes from the grandson of the original owner. It's a vintage classic with great looks and cool features. This is one for you guys who love patina and watches with history and stories.

Model: 1960s Wittnauer Supercompressor

Case: All stainless steel, shows wear. Never polished. Please study photos, as they are part of the description. Original crystal with inward-facing cyclops is scratched, but I didn't want to replace it, as these original crystals are rare.

Dial: Classic black matte, with patina-ed lume, reminiscent of vintage Seamasters. Original signed and cross-hatched crowns. Bottom one pushes in for quick-set date, top one rotates inner rotating bezel.

Strap: Gently used leather NATO. The lug width of this watch is 19mm, but this 20mm NATO works just fine.

Full disclosure: I do not know the service history, but the watch is running strong and accurately.

Offered at: A very fair and affordable $750 + $20 shipping. These typically go for much more, but I think this is a fair price for condition. It is keeping very accurate time, but as I don't know the history, I would recommend a service. Priced accordingly.

Wanna know more about Supercompressors? Info on Wittnauer and other brands here: worn&wound | A Guide to Super Compressors - worn&wound

Wanna know more about Wittnauer, the "coolest watch brand you've never heard of"?: The eBay Seven Best Watches You Can Buy for the Week Ending in March 13 2014 - Supercompressor.com - Supercompressor.com

Fine print: PayPal only. Will ship when funds clear. I'll cover PayPal fees, and buyer pays $20 to ship USPS with full insurance. CONUS only.

Seller: I have a string of flawless references in the Watch Deals section of Watchuseek, Omega Forums and TRF. I'll expect the buyer to have strong references as well. Again, CONUS only. I am not a dealer or flipper. Just a curious collector who often sells watches to chase new ones. My watches are priced to move. PM me with any questions or reasonable offers. Returns accepted (minus shipping and insurance) if watch is not authentic.

Note: Please no lowballs, overseas offers and users with no feedback. CONUS only.

compress1.jpg compress2.jpg compress3.jpg compress4.jpg compress5.jpg compress6.jpg compress7.jpg compress8.jpg compress9.jpg compress10.jpg compress11.jpg

2. Deldog May 31, 2015

SOLD!