Forums Latest Members

SOLD Baltic Aquascaphe blue gilt with BOR, rubber, and boxes

1. rkman11 Sep 18, 2020

As those on here know, it's always a reluctant sale with me... and this is no exception! I truly LOVE this piece, honestly believe it's the best micro brand out there and arguably the best sub 1k piece. That being said, I'm just a vintage guy, and while this is truly vintage inspired I find myself wanting to concentrate funds on the vintage side... so I offer up this beaut in the hopes she'll get the wrist time she deserves!

This is the full meal deal - Blue gilt dial, on the stunning beads of rice bracelet, and I purchased Baltic's rubber strap as well, all with the original boxes as it came new!

All the specifics are on Baltic's website, but some I want to point out:

- 39mm wears like a dream
    - The BOR bracelet really is fantastic, and so is that buckle, just incredibly well made. And the quick relief makes changing straps VERY easy
    - The rubber strap is very soft, with Baltic branded buckle and extra spring bars

Although I could go on, there's not too much else to say that the pictures of this sweet piece won't say better! (Though hard to capture the full magic you get in person from this dial!!!)

Baltic 1.jpg Baltic 2.jpg Baltic 3.JPG Baltic 4.JPG Baltic 5.JPG Baltic 6.jpg Baltic 7.JPG Baltic 8.JPG Baltic 9.jpg Baltic 10.jpg Baltic 11.jpg

It's running well, and is in fantastic condition. There are the faintest of hairline scratches on the buckle, as to be expected, but I couldn't capture them as they're so light. All else looks mint to my eyes, although I'm the second owner and it has been worn, so I'm sure there are other tiny marks here and there with very careful regular wear.
    And one corner of the outer box got a bit pressed in during shipping, wanted to point that out.

Price is $650, which will include fully insured shipping anywhere in the US on me. (Sorry, only US sales right now as I've experienced issues and delays with international mail at the moment, sadly.)

Payment through PayPal Friends and Family or Venmo.

Lots of great references here, happy to provide.

Thanks for looking - excited to pass this one on to a fellow member!

Edited Sep 18, 2020
  2. rkman11 Sep 19, 2020

Bump for this beaut!

3. jhross98 Sep 19, 2020

One of the best blue dials ever GLWS

rkman11 likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 19, 2020

A beautiful and tough beater. Mine has seen a lot of sailing time. Superlatives are not unearned. These are great watches.

rkman11 and MarktheTime like this.
  5. MarktheTime Sep 19, 2020

I echo Larry’s praises. As much as I love my UGs, I’ve spent most of my summer at the beach, where my Baltic has seen a TON of wrist time this summer at the beach and pool, on a bike or a walk - anywhere I can’t comfortably wear a fragile vintage watch. Well made, a pleasure to look at, and a steal for the price. Someone should grab this soon.

rkman11 and Larry S like this.
  6. MarktheTime Sep 19, 2020

Ok, so it’s not ALWAYS sunny at the beach...

9EA06DC4-D1F4-40BF-B63A-FCEFE7616F8A.jpeg
    jhross98, rbob99, jB1128 and 3 others like this.
  7. rkman11 Sep 20, 2020

Lots of interest but no deal yet (and these comments and pics are making it even harder to part with...!)

8. rkman11 Sep 20, 2020

And sold to a great member! Sad to see her go (and who am I kidding, will very likely buy another one at some point...) but happy to keep her in the OF fam!

Redwes25 and jB1128 like this.