Forums Latest Members

WTB Balance Staff - Complete: For Omega 630 Movement

1. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 9, 2015

My local watch shop has had an Omega belonging to my wife and which needs a balance staff- complete in order to finish the job. I would be grateful if any member could supply this part.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 10, 2015

Just to clarify, are you after a balance staff, or a balance complete? The term "balance staff - complete" is not a typical term for a part...

A staff will be much cheaper to buy, but the shop involved will have to change it, which requires skill and can be time consuming (remove balance spring, remove roller, cut out old staff, rivet in new staff, mount roller, true and poise balance wheel, mount balance spring, then install in watch and dynamically poise if needed). Omega doesn't really sell staffs anymore, so you would need to find one on the open market that is old and not rusty, or find a staff from Bestfit (or other system), or have one made from scratch. Often if a correct staff can't be found, one can be found that is close and modified to work, which would save you time and money over having one made from scratch.

If you need a balance complete then Omega still sells these, but they aren't cheap - you will be looking at something in the $500 area. You would have to find a watchmaker with a Swatch parts account, and when you do the part number is 72206201327.

Cheers, Al

noelekal likes this.
  3. Geo! Nov 10, 2015

noelekal likes this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 10, 2015

Balance Staff or Balance Assembly?

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 1.10.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 1.10.44 PM.png
    Base caliber is 17.50 so anything from that series would fit.

Cousins UK have them in stock, US suppliers may also have them, tighten your sphincter before you look at the prices.

If t's only the staff there are cheaper options elsewhere.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/omega-movement-parts

Screen Shot 2015-11-11 at 1.16.03 PM.png

noelekal likes this.
  5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 10, 2015

The watch maker likely did say "balance complete" and I didn't recall it correctly when I posted. I've spoken to him since and he said he has one on the way. I have Veterans Day off tomorrow so intend to travel over to the town in which he is located and visit him. Will see what he's found.

Pricey little devils, they are. I'll have to "bite the bullet." She likes the watch.

Y'all are a great help.