Forums Latest Members
  1. Jonatan Jun 25, 2019

Perhaps we can just post the links to the sales on here and also mention it in the for sale section. That’s fair and I see @dsio point. Thanks.

watchdaddy1 and JwRosenthal like this.
  2. JwRosenthal Jun 25, 2019

Also a good suggestion. Still waiting for the mod's to ping me back about what they think is best.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 25, 2019

I would suggest just normal sales listings that follow the FS section rules and then make the contribution after sale as appropriate, bumping this thread over and over with links back to the FS listings would be a bit frustrating for people.

watchdaddy1 likes this.
  4. JwRosenthal Jun 25, 2019

Understood. Would using the title “Bake sale for Bill- xxxx” still be appropriate? It would get more people interested by the title than just a random stuff lot or cheap watch if they know it’s for a good cause- kind of like charity auctions.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 25, 2019

Put it at the end rather than the front as its easier for people to skim and see what the item is

watchdaddy1 likes this.
  6. JwRosenthal Jun 25, 2019

Alright guys- the mod has spoken.

If you want to partake in the bake sale for Bill and unload some of your accumulated odds and ends or inexpensive watches you normally wouldn’t bother posting in the FS section, this is your chance to unload and contribute to a good cause.

This is also a good chance to pick up some parts and accessories on the cheap or watches that can make great gifts to newcomers to the hobby or family members .
    As Ash reccomended- list as a standard sale in the FS section, put the item title first, followed by “-Bake sale for Billl” so we all know it’s part of this initiative.
    Bill’s PayPal email is earlier in the thread so it will be easy to just transfer the proceeds over to him directly.
    I have a bunch of cheap straps that would be good if your looking to dress watches for eBay sale and a couple Tissot’s I don’t wear that I’ll throw up in a day or so when I get a chance to take some crappy pics and write really blunt and unflattering descriptions (not patina-damage).
    If anyone wants to kick it off before me-please, go for it!

7. JwRosenthal Jun 27, 2019

Alright guys,
    I have two watches up and @Darlinboy has "purchased" the whooshy sunburst lozenge Tissot and thrown it back into the pool to be "purchased" again.
    Working out the details on shipping the PR516 with @Pjotr1 - he's getting his Falco T-shirt out of storage so he can be period correct
    @jimmyd13 has custom B&R straps up that will swallow your arm, and @Lonestar is planning to get some stuff together to put up- and no, I doubt it will be the bullhead he posted a pic of earlier that used to belong to @watchdaddy1 -sans tattoos.

Clean out those junk drawers and gather those sad neglected watches you have lying around and jump into the fun.

watchdaddy1, Pjotr1 and Lonestar like this.
  8. JwRosenthal Jun 27, 2019

Also see that @Matty01 threw up a very interesting proposal...check that out!

watchdaddy1 and Matty01 like this.
  9. Jonatan Jun 27, 2019

I'll be putting up some UG wrenches, sold one last night and told my friend to send the money to Bill's PayPal account. I have a lot of other stuff but will probably put it on eBay when I get a second and donate the funds to Bill. Things are coming on my side it's just that time is limited with a 3-month-old.

10. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Jun 27, 2019

watchdaddy1 and JwRosenthal like this.
  11. JwRosenthal Jun 27, 2019

@CaptainWinsor just threw in with a fun piece. I love these uber frank descriptions- all FS listings should be this unflattering.

watchdaddy1 likes this.
  12. JwRosenthal Jun 28, 2019

Nice offering @duc ! You just made @larryganz the manliest man on the forum.

The weekend is coming so go through your boxes, and post your booty for the cause. You junk is another's treasure!

larryganz and watchdaddy1 like this.
  13. JwRosenthal Jun 28, 2019

And the bake sale thread-

Some awesome sales going on in honor of Bill, I am blown away by how charitable the members on this forum have been- some prize posessions exchanging hands with proceeds going directly to @watchdaddy1 to cover his expenses.
    Happy Friday- let’s get some more goodies up over the weekend- everybody wins.

watchdaddy1 likes this.
  14. watchdaddy1 Jun 28, 2019

Man you guys THANKS isn't even enough. The love & generosity is CRAZY. Thank you ALL for everything.

Als 27, Longbow, Matty01 and 3 others like this.
  15. Observer I know nothing! Jun 28, 2019

I hammered my ribs in a ski accident once (although nowhere nearly as bad as you have), and can offer you this advice: Do NOT sneeze. Trust me.

JwRosenthal and watchdaddy1 like this.
  16. watchdaddy1 Jun 28, 2019

Or cough , or let anything go down the wrong tube. 4get trying to blow my nose..FOGETABOUT IT

17. larryganz The cable guy Jun 29, 2019

I broke my left 5th-10th ribs in my car accident, and it really does get better after about 2-3 weeks.

watchdaddy1 likes this.
  18. JwRosenthal Jun 30, 2019

Some nice offerings in the watches FS and accessories. Some great sales so far but there are more.
    Help us help another.
    And go through your junk drawers and put some stuff up to help a brother of the movement out (pun intended).