Forums Latest Members

Back case not engraved for a gold watch...possible?

1. VintageBoy Jan 5, 2016

Hello Omega lovers!

I can imagine that you receive a billion threads like this but i want to get a vintage omega watch and i like this one : http://cda.chronomania.net/forum_entry.php?id=144552
    I read a lot and go through a lot of forums but when it comes to pulling the money out of the wallet I don't feel so sure anymore! :)
    I think this watch looks genuine but as i've read quite a few times: be careful if it's too good to be true! So it says gold but i can't seem to find a 18ct sign anywhere and the numbers engraved on the case have a weird typo...or am i just too paranoid??

Thanks again for the amazing forum ,

Written from France (sorry for the mistakes)

2. Wongo Jan 5, 2016

Gold.hall mark at the back of the case.

3. VintageBoy Jan 5, 2016

the one above the omega engraved?

4. Wongo Jan 5, 2016

Look at the 4th photo of the case back, the middle has a hallmark there, hard to see what it is.

5. vinn2 Jan 5, 2016

engravings or stampings?

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2016

Check these 2 areas.
    15rjjfs.jpg

7. VintageBoy Jan 6, 2016

ok! Thank you all for your help! It doesn"t sound like a bargain anymore :/ Love the forum and the people here!

8. vinn2 Jan 6, 2016

what about those scratched in markings left by a jeweler?

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2016

What about them?
    Why do you say that? No one said anything negative about the watch or its price.

10. VintageBoy Jan 6, 2016

[/QUOTE] Why do you say that? No one said anything negative about the watch or its price.[/QUOTE]

Well, I heard from several people that the seller isn't that reliable. Some also suggest that this particular movement might not be easy to service as the 19 jewels movement was only produced for 2 years and there is no guarantee that spare parts will be found easily.

I'm not sure about the dial either (looks like those stains are humidity related :/

Well it might not be so expensive for a gold watch but if it costs me double to have it serviced It could end up being a bad choice :/

But I might be wrong :(

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2016

Why do you say that? No one said anything negative about the watch or its price.[/QUOTE]

Well, I heard from several people that the seller isn't that reliable. Some also suggest that this particular movement might not be easy to service as the 19 jewels movement was only produced for 2 years and there is no guarantee that spare parts will be found easily.

I'm not sure about the dial either (looks like those stains are humidity related :/

Well it might not be so expensive for a gold watch but if it costs me double to have it serviced It could end up being a bad choice :/

But I might be wrong :([/QUOTE]

No there are some issues with the watch, but they had not been publicly discussed, which benefits all readers. :thumbsup:

VintageBoy likes this.
  12. VintageBoy Jan 6, 2016

What would be the other issues? (just for everyone to know what to spot on this exemple?)

13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 6, 2016

The lugs are bit polished