Forums Latest Members
  1. Canuck Sep 6, 2016

Can't afford one? image.jpeg

Mad Dog likes this.
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 6, 2016

If you had been a Fighter Pilot you could have flown anything (ask one) ;)

Mad Dog likes this.
  3. Canuck Sep 6, 2016

No doubt an Apache helicopter pilot would be considered a fighter pilot, would he not? Could an Apache pilot fly a P51? A jet fighter pilot flying a P51? Not without considerable training, I would think! MAD DOG would no doubt be able to fly one, given time and training. But would he want to? You've heard of terra firma? I'm a great believer in the more firma, the less terra!

JimInOz and Mad Dog like this.
  4. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Sep 6, 2016

I believe an Apache helicopter pilot is considered an attack pilot...I didn't fly the Apache...I flew the SH-60B Seahawk (see avatar) which was an anti-sub/anti-ship platform. Anyone could fly anything with enough time and training (and money). I would want to fly the P-51...but I'd have to wait until I retire (and hopefully have enough money for the training). I believe the wife unit (MacGyverette) would give me a green deck (if we have enough money when I retire) since she's a former airline pilot...but I had better confirm that. :D

noelekal likes this.
  5. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Sep 7, 2016

I will never be able to afford purchasing (or maintaining) one. :(

I might be able to afford training in one (if there are two-seaters)...but then again, I'd require a lot of training. :(

Getting a ride in one (if there are two-seaters) would be cool...I'd be happy with that. :thumbsup:

6. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Sep 7, 2016

Belay my last...she said "NO". :(

Actually, she said "F**K NO". :( :(

On a positive note, I still have my Speedy Gonzales...YAY! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Riviera Paradise and ahartfie like this.
  7. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Sep 7, 2016

Talk MacGyverette into a trip to Australia.
    We'll have a long overdue Brisbane/Gold Coast get together

then up in "The Flying Undertaker". https://fighterpilot.com.au/p-51d-mustang (as seen in my post on the previous page).
    over beaches, bays, mountains or dams
    P-51D.jpg

Edited Sep 7, 2016
    CTS-V, Riviera Paradise and Mad Dog like this.
  8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 7, 2016

I'm guessing, but fairly positive, that subject will never be raised again in "The Kennel".

:D

Mad Dog likes this.
  9. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Sep 7, 2016

That's pretty cool...I guess I could give it the "old college" try regarding asking MacGyverette. What's the worst she could say? :D I think she's already said the worst that could be said...but then again maybe it could get worse. Regardless, I can handle it...I have the technology...years of academy training. ;) Brisbane? Maybe we could do a get together with Archie Luxury too. :thumbsup:

Emeister likes this.
  10. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Sep 7, 2016

I fly with a good number of former F-4, F-14, F-15, F-16 and F/A-18 fighter pilots at Delta...and I'll probably be headed to the donut factory on Friday to make some donuts so I'll ask one (or two, or three)...we'll see what they say. :D

11. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 8, 2016

12. José9 Sep 16, 2016

Riviera Paradise and Longbow like this.
  13. RCAFBuster Sep 16, 2016

For Battle of Britain Sunday 2016. Lest we Forget.
    BoB Poppies.png

14. mdgrwl Sep 16, 2016

very cool stuff here guys :)

15. primabaleron Sep 18, 2016

[​IMG]

CTS-V, Hijak, José9 and 1 other person like this.
  16. José9 Sep 18, 2016

Riviera Paradise, X350 XJR and Hijak like this.
  17. Canuck Sep 18, 2016

The Bomber Command Museum in Nanton, Alberta, Canada has its own Lancaster bomber. This plane components have been gathered in bits and pieces, acquired over decades. The fuselage having been used as a chicken coop,on a local farm. Decades of scrounging and volunteer effort have resulted in the plane you see in the image. It has four operational Merlin engines in it. There are no intentions that the plane will ever fly again. But plans are afoot to be able to taxi it, eventually. The logistics of just how this might be achieved are being formulated. This is quite a feat for a rural town of 2,000 plus residents! Volunteers from far and wide have been able to pull this off, along with contributions from sympathetic citizens. image.jpeg

18. Dash1 Nov 3, 2016

A friend took this photo of me flying engine off in mountain wave last week. Man what a flight! It stayed with me for a few days.
    IMG_0992.JPG

Mad Dog, Riviera Paradise and toomann like this.
  19. vinn2 Nov 3, 2016

nice job with the langcaster guys !

20. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Nov 4, 2016

Got some B-727 stickers at the pilot store today. The B-727 was my first aircraft at Delta. Remembering the 3-holers...good times! :thumbsup:

IMG_8151.JPG

CTS-V, Fritz, Dash1 and 1 other person like this.