Forums Latest Members
  1. nmul Apr 1, 2014

Hi, I received this Omega Automatic Seamaster De Ville from my grandfather. (it is in good working order and does keep time well)
    (it is not the original strap, but as far as I know everything else is original)
    I was hoping that someone would be able to give me some info about it.
    I'm not sure if I want to sell it but what would it be worth?

I had a watchmaker open it up, (but to my dismay the watchmaker scratched the back of it)
    Here is the detail that I was able to read.

Inside back
    166020 SC

Inside
    Twenty 24 jewels

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] front full.jpg
    front 1.jpg
    front 2.jpg
    front 3.jpg
    front 4.jpg
    crown.jpg
    back 1.jpg
    back.jpg
    Inside 3.jpg
    Inside 1.jpg
    Inside 2.jpg
    Inside back.jpg
    size.jpg

front top.jpg
    citizenrich likes this.
  2. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 1, 2014

You have a very nice watch there. Its condition is good, the dial is very clean, the case is almost unpolished, all the furnitures looks original.
    As you have discovered, it is a 18 K solid yellow gold case Seamaster Deville ref 166.020 with central second hand (SC) and movement caliber 562.
    Seamaster Deville is a dressier line of water proof Seamaster line in Omega family. Caliber 562 is arguably one of the best Omega movement ever produced. While not Chronometer standard (that would be 561), it is a very reliable and accurate automatic movement which come as design improvement from earlier 50X and 55X caliber.
    Unfortunately Omega Vintage Database does not have your reference in their database (it is not complete).
    I see that you have serviced the watch, a good move, since now you can enjoy 4-5 years of worry free experience before your next service schedule. It is also advisable NOT to polish the watch (even though there is new scratch in case back) because it is more valuable for collectors as is. You may want to polish or replace the crystal to make it even more attractive. (It is hesalite, so it could be polished to remove the scratch on crystal)

As for value, my best guess it would be between USD 1,500 to 1,800. However since you inherited it from your Grandfather, wouldn't you want to keep it as memory to him? You also can pass it to your children when he/she grow up and can cherish the tradition of keeping beautiful watch like this.

3. nmul Apr 1, 2014

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes right after posting this thread I came upon omega's vintage database website (it is a very nice website for information!) but yes as you say I could not find my watch there. I also think that I would like to keep the watch and maybe even become a collector of omega's.

Kind Regards

4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Apr 1, 2014

Wise decision. As new collector you have started with a very nice piece.

5. nmul Apr 1, 2014

thanks for the reply and info.
    Yes it was actually my grandpa's watch.
    no problem, your post was perfect thanks!!!