Forums Latest Members
  1. SnowDog Dec 27, 2015

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!

Having just receiving my Seamaster Diver 300M as a present for Christmas and having an interest in car detailing (my own, not others), I experimented in smearing the lightest of light touches/smears of AutoGlym High-Defenition Wax (it's not a polish, but a carnauba-wax-based sealent once the car paint is in perfect condition) to it - even the crystal.

Once applied (again, just by touching the room-temperature wax with a finger), leaving for a few minutes before gently buffing off with a microfibre cloth results in such a gloss finish and 'slippery' feel to the steel that I'll continue to do this every few days. It also makes the ceramic bezel 'pop' with such a high-gloss its unreal.

Also, it helps keep any smudges of any kind off the crystal/ceramic bezel as it does on my cars paintwork!!

PS: Bilt Hamber Double-Speed Wax is also a highly regarded sealent which is half the price of the AutoGlym.

Edited Dec 27, 2015
  2. wsfarrell Dec 27, 2015

Interesting. I might consider it for the crystal if it could delay the inevitable hairlines.