Forums Latest Members
  1. jmeurl Jun 1, 2019

Hi,

Bought this watch as a teenager for around $200 at an online auction. I guess i was I quite naive and didn't do too much researching about the watch.

About a year ago one of the arms got a little stuck and snapped when winding it up. I have been hesitating to fix it since I don't know if it is a fake or redial or something else.

It would be nice of you to help me identify this piece.
    Thank you!

IMG_8158.JPG IMG_9569.JPG IMG_7303.JPG IMG_0418.JPG IMG_6159.JPG IMG_2315.JPG IMG_6677.JPG

2. dx009 Jun 1, 2019

The watch tinkerer in my says that any watch (that is genuine) is worth fixing but it depends on your wallet I guess...

It shouldn't need much attention but being an Omega it'll cost more than a Seiko to fix, obviously.

I'd say that it's worth it.

3. Germanicus Jun 1, 2019

Original dial but not in the best conditions.
    Don't fix the hour hand again. Try to look for a couple ones ( hour and minute).

4. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jun 1, 2019

Given the condition of the watch, I think it would now look more at home on a leather strap. Try out a few when you bring it in for the repair

5. jmeurl Jun 1, 2019

Thank you for your answers!
    I'm so glad that it seems that it's genuine. I will be fixing it. Where can I find vintage omega hands? In Europe preferably. I guess these are Dauphine hands..

6. Germanicus Jun 1, 2019

7. bubba48 Jun 1, 2019

Obviously? Why obviously?
    From my watchmaker the service of an automatic Seiko costs much more than any Omega 267 or similar.
    And the cost of manual winding watches is the same for any brand, excluding high end ones, obviously. ;)

8. dx009 Jun 1, 2019

We're not talking just about servicing here. It'll need a new hand and. maybe, a new crown. These things cost money and aren't easy to find.

Maybe your watchmaker charges the same for watches regardless of most brands but others don't do that.