Forums Latest Members
  1. Birky101 May 6, 2017

Hi does anyone have any information on the Atlantic Worldmaster watch ? 11408714-f02883f8.jpg 11408714-c8455fcf.jpg

2. bubba48 Jul 28, 2017

3. TexOmega Jul 28, 2017

janice&fred and argonbeam like this.
  4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jul 28, 2017

I haven't taken a good photo of this one yet, but they produced some very interesting and attractive dial designs.

[​IMG]

5. Vitezi Jul 28, 2017

6. keepitsimple Jul 30, 2017

Still in production to a very similar design, but with ETA movements. www.atlantic-watches.ch

Recall reading somewhere that their main markets used to be Eastern Europe and Scandinavia, which may explain "Världsmästarur" perhaps.

Actually much much more impressive in real life - the picture (theirs) does not do it justice I think.
    7568.jpg

Edited Jul 30, 2017
  7. argonbeam Sep 29, 2017

IMG_0298.JPG Recently got my Atlantic Suveraen (Sovereign) back from service. My watchmaker is originally from Hungary and immediately knew about my watch when I brought it in for service, which fits with others' observation about Eastern European market for these watches. He is training his son to take over his business and when I recently picked up the watch after servicing the son mentioned how amazed he was at the accuracy of this old, manual wind watch. while on the watch timer. The Sovereign predates the Worldmaster, which my watchmaker says showed up later than the Sovereign with a larger case (mine is only 32 mm without crown) and wider lugs. I have always been a Longines movement fan but have recently picked up some watches with A. Schild movements, like this Atlantic and a few Zodiac models, at the recommendation of my watchmaker and have been quite pleased with accuracy and power reserve. Pics to follow of my watch on a @jankoxxx 16 mm one-piece Horween shell cordovan strap which mates perfectly with this watch. If @bubba48 and @Tony C. have Atlantic watches, I figure I am barking up a good tree. I absolutely love the dials with the blue/black ring containing the arabic numerals.

Edited Sep 29, 2017
    janice&fred, bubba48 and Tony C. like this.
  8. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 29, 2017

Very nice, @argonbeam ! The Schild movements were often good.

With regards to Atlantic, nice watches and excellent value, though I would suggest going for the full steel cased version.

Cheers,

Tony C.

9. argonbeam Sep 30, 2017

The patina on the inner dial circle (not sure what else to call it - not really a chapter ring) on yours is pretty amazing. Yours and @bubba48 models sent me searching. My watchmaker was enthusiastic about the brand as well, which is always an added bonus.

10. kopykat Oct 2, 2017

Atlantic is a very commonly found brand in Sweden. Världsmästarur and Suverän are very common and are made for the Swedish market and was usually sold through mailorder from catalog in the 50's and 60's. Some models have a solid, nice 36mm case with fat lugs and most of them use AS movements. Pretty solid watches for reasonable prices. Some even came with a nice tuxedo dial.

11. argonbeam Oct 5, 2017

Thanks for the great info :thumbsup:

12. Wyatt66 Jan 16, 2018

Found a really interesting and well compiled booklet about Atlantic watches, featuring history, vintage adverts and lots of detail about the Worldmaster, with clues on identification, movements, logos etc.

Can’t work out how to attach a PDF, but here is the link:
    https://issuu.com/atlanticwatch/docs/the_history_of_a_famous_brand?e=4427201/50028023

The author’s name is Wojciech Kutermanciewicz; seems to be very well known to the brand in Poland. I did a search & came up with a gallery document:
    http://xatlantic.helwecja.com/pdf/16 DODATEK C - Galeria i ciekawostki.pdf

Edited Jan 16, 2018
    Observer likes this.