Forums Latest Members

AT Skyfall 38.5 - question about 3rd gen rubber strap

1. MajorKong Jun 19, 2021

I really hope someone with experience on this matter can help me here.

I’ve seen posts, where some owners of 38.5 mm 2nd gen Aqua Terra watches, claim that it is possible to use modern 3rd gen rubber straps on them.

And other posts where owners of the same watch say that Omega’s modern rubber straps with steel endlinks can’t fit between the 19mm lugs of the 2nd gen 38.5.

So I really need a clear answer here. Will the modern Omega rubber straps for the 3rd gen AT fit on an Omega 231.10.39.21.03.001 Skyfall?

If they do fit (which I really hope they will). Mind if I ask a few extra questions?

1) did you have to use some other springbars (curved?) to make the rubber strap fit?
    2) what is the size of the strap at the lugs and at the foldover clasp?
    3) Can you tell me the reference number of the strap, endlinks and possibly the clasp? ( I already have an 18mm Planet Ocean clasp for my 1st gen PO, if that one fits, I figure there’s no need to buy another foldover).

I really hope someone with hands on experience on this can help me with a definitive answer :)

2. Demitri Aug 27, 2022

I know this is an old thread but did you end up ever finding out the answer here? I have the same question.

MajorKong likes this.
  3. YY77 Aug 27, 2022

OP hasn't been seen in over a year.

4. LC23 Aug 28, 2022

I believe they fit. I bought my 3rd gen omega rubber strap from someone who had it fitted to their Skyfall

MajorKong likes this.
  5. MajorKong May 29, 2023

Thanks. I’ll pursue this a bit more. I really want confirmation (pictures and stuff) from someone who’s made this configuration. I e-mailed Omega and they said it couldn’t be done. And yeah, I know that should be the end of it, but I know that the community often has a better insight of matters like this than manufacturers and ADs. Thx again.

Edited May 29, 2023
  6. Cod Holliday May 29, 2023

Majorkong where are you located? Can you not call OB and find out? If anything, they can even test out at the spot.

7. MajorKong May 29, 2023

Copenhagen.. I called an AD and the Omega Boutique here the turn of the year, they just said they had no clue.

8. Cod Holliday May 29, 2023

Take the watch there.