Forums Latest Members

PO to AT - Skyfall or >15,000 gauss

1. steelfish Jan 22, 2019

Hi All,

I seem to be getting itchy feet. Amongst others I have a 43.5 8900 PO in Blue. Recently I've barely worn it and my eye is turning to the AT. I almost bought a Skyfall AT a good while back, but ended up with the PO for some reason and I can't remember why.

So I think I've possibly missed the boat on that one, and can't remember what size it was. I'm currently thinking I have a couple of options:

1) Flog the PO and buy a 2nd hand Skyfall (if I can find one)

2) Flog the PO or trade it for a >15000 gauss (similar retail price)

Question is: has anyone gone from the larger PO to an AT, and what were your experiences? Plus is it realistic to expect a similar 2nd hand price for them all? I'm thinking of using this, if I get one as my daily.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. 8100_RPM Jan 23, 2019

I'm not quite in the same boat but I have both the 43.5 8900 PO in Blue and the 41.5 8500 AT in Blue. I bought the PO first but never quite lost the itch for the AT. Nine months later I bought the AT.

Both watches get lots of wrist time but I prefer the AT as it is more flexible with my wardrobe and I love the teak dial. The PO tends to get worn more during the weekend.

As for the 38.5 Skyfall AT, it shouldn't be too difficult to find one in the secondary market.

3. Lbreak Jan 23, 2019

annnnnd there is one in the sales forum!

4. steelfish Jan 23, 2019

I'd best have a look sharpish then. Thanks both.

Edit: Just checked, there's a few prior examples in there. If I'm right, the prices 2nd hand for all three PO, AT and Skyfall AT will be pretty close taking into account box and papers e.t.c?

I don't have 200 posts yet, so if the above is correct I'm inclined to carry on enjoying the PO until I do have 200 posts and maybe look to make a straight trade at that time.

Edited Jan 23, 2019
  5. Lbreak Jan 23, 2019

Good call! Just make sure you don't sell to dealers because you would never get the value it should be in a P2P sales

6. steelfish Jan 23, 2019

No worries on that score. Been burnt before and learned my lesson the hard way. Unless I'm selling something exotic or in short supply it's P2P all the way - unless the dealer gauges me on price but I gauge him back on the purchase of the new one.

Lbreak likes this.
  7. Bernardino Jan 23, 2019

I had a PO Chrono as well as my AT, sold the PO and still have the AT!!!

The AT is much more versatile than the PO in terms of wearability although I still have a yearning for a smaller non chrono PO

8. steelfish Jan 23, 2019

Is there a decent level of admustment on the clasp/bracelet? I've been spoiled by easy adjustment on the PO so far

9. 8100_RPM Jan 23, 2019

My biggest knock on the AT would be the lack of adjustment due to the butterfly clasp. Be sure to try one on, even the current 8800/8900 series, just to get an idea of the fit.

10. time flies Jan 23, 2019

For me...the link, half link (which is not really a half link) does the trick.

have fun
    kfw

11. 8100_RPM Jan 23, 2019

My bracelet was sized by just removing a half link. The fit is fine but it could be better.

Unfortunately, nobody has come up with a clasp adjustment for the AT series yet.

12. benk3 Jan 23, 2019

I’ve had both the gauss watch and a 43.5 Master co axial PO. The AT wears better due to its size but still has a lot of wrist presence. I would go gauss watch over skyfall personally because I think the dial and hands of that watch are gorgeous.