Forums Latest Members

At Last I get to wear my Moon Watch

1. Kevzep Apr 4, 2019

So after waiting for a couple of weeks for some links to turn up, I was able to get into the Watch World and have them install the 2 links which enabled me to finally experience wearing my Speedy.
    It was touch and go, I tried to do the links but broke my pin removal tool, so I had to go to the professionals. The watch guy said he had a very tough time getting the pin out, so there was no chance I was ever going to do it.

Anyway it feels great, and after all these years lusting after one, there it is!!
    I actually think I need another link, possibly a half link, as its a little tighter than I prefer, but its no too bad.
    It's very cool watch to wear, I feel like an Astronaut!!
    This one is a 1999-2000 model I believe.
    IMG_7727.JPG IMG_7731.JPG

nurseford25, 89-0, ras47 and 9 others like this.
  2. vbrad26 Apr 4, 2019

Depending on where the micro adjustment on the clasp is set you may have some luck adjusting that yourself

BrianMcKay likes this.
  3. Kevzep Apr 4, 2019

Yeah the micro is all the way out, I am used to having my straps a bit looser than this is but to be honest, its pretty good. I think I'll get a half link and have it installed, and if it feels too loose I'll take it up with the micro.....
    Here's my GF being a comedian with my Speedy the day it was given to me at work. She has small wrists and thought it was hilarious how she could wear it and I couldn't!! Interesting she chose her right wrist!! She's not left handed, but I am and I wear my watch on my left wrist....We're all backwards down here in the Southern Hemisphere.

IMG_7701.JPG

ras47, Mad Dog, bardamu and 2 others like this.
  4. chiswick Apr 4, 2019

Living in a warm climate I find on a really warm day the l watch bracelet is quite snug, however on a cold quite loose.

5. Kevzep Apr 4, 2019

Yes temp does affect the tightness/looseness for sure, I like a little bit of movement, but I find it annoying if its too loose.....its about finding that happy medium..

vbrad26 likes this.
  6. vbrad26 Apr 5, 2019

Oh most definitely.
    I am super picky about fit.

7. shoota70 Apr 5, 2019

I had a putter regripped and the Pro handed it to me and said, "man did I have a hard time getting that grip straight..." I was like "dude, why tell me that".

Never made another putt again with that "crooked" grip.

8. Kevzep Apr 5, 2019

Oh well, I did kind of ask him about the pin because I sure as hell couldn't get it out.

But I do get your point!!