Asking for a friend ...

No, seriously, I really am. The watch pictured below belongs to a friend and colleague. He was gifted this watch some years ago, and he'd love to find out more about it. So he brought it to me. (Hahaha) ... and I said to myself, "Self," I said, "You really ought to take a few photos and turn this mystery over to the experts on ΩF."

Without further ado, the pics:
20221026_111951.jpg 20221026_112013.jpg 20221026_112044.jpg

What I think I can surmise:

It's about 34 to 35 mm, an unsigned Omega dress watch, probably 1950s or early 1960s. If I recall correctly, there were some Seamasters that weren't necessarily labeled as such on the dial. But this may not be one, as the caseback doesn't indicate it either.

What say you, folks? What do we have here?

Thanks for the help!

About all I can add is that the tritium lume pushes it more firmly into the 60s rather than 50s.

Van Brode sounds like the name of a fella who takes his beef rare, his cocktails plentiful and tobacco with abundance... otherwise I am worthless on assistance with the watch.

Van_20Brode_20logo.jpg

"The Van Brode Company, located in Clinton, Massachusetts and/or Boston, Massachusetts, may have been a conglomerate which supplied the US Military with food and utensils. We know they had a Van Brode milling company subsidiary in Clinton (Van Brode Mills) which produced C-Rations during the Korean War.

"Not only did Clinton Manufacturing (the plastics arm of the Brody companies) make the spork, they also made some of the first plastic dinnerware in colors. When you produce plastic items there is always plastic waste. To increase profits someone in the company came up with the idea to just mix all the different colored plastic waste together and regrind it small enough so it would feed into the injection molding machines. Thus was born 'Rainbow ware' with swirls of white red blue and yellow, a very good seller."

These are some of the Van Brode Dancing Doll figures. Whether you call them international dolls, dancing figurines, or costumed figures, they are quite striking, especially for hard molded plastic that is 50 years old."

Looks like an American market reference LU6304, ca mid to late 1960s, which should house a 17-jewel caliber 550.

All I can say is that is a nice watch for a 15-year service award. I just got the 15-year service award at my university — a branded coffee mug!

I think the best way to get more accurate details will be as always..to open the watch and check it inside. Ref no, caliber etc.

need to pull the casebook, but I'm gunna say it is a KL6312, with a 560 movement. uncommon to rare depending on how you define it... not super valuable, but super cool.

here's mine, gifted to my dad in 1966 from my mom.
my omega KL6312.JPG

read here for more info on the 560.
https://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com/2009/07/unearthed-more-omega-calibre-560.html
The OP watch has no date. I thought the cal 560 had a date complication

The OP watch has no date. I thought the cal 560 had a date complication
duh. that's what I get for posting early in the am... obvious mistake on my part.