Are we sticking with “Daniel Craig”?

Not that I care that much—it’s not a watch I plan to own. But… really?

OF might actually have some influence here. And all due deference to Mr. Craig—my misgivings have nothing at all to do with him. I think I just dislike goofy nicknames. (That’s more of a Rolex thing, no?) And all he did was wear it on one significant occasion. He didn’t design it. Or have any particular connection with it that I know about.

It might not be too late to stop this silliness. But maybe no one else really cares?

Like 6
New white speedy is enough for me. No issue with the actor, but I don't see why the watch should be recognized like that now that it has been released.

I've only seen Fratello call it that. So yea lets please move on and forget that nickname. Its the white speedy.

Like 5
If it's catchy, it'll probably stick. At this point, it's probably too late to change it. If someone refers to the Daniel Craig, you know what he's referring to. Unless you're one of those "well actually..." people. :D

I'll still call it the white Speedmaster though.

Also, let's not act like we're above the Rolex folks. The most iconic Speedmaster is called the Ed White. I don't see anyone disputing that name.

Like 2
If it's catchy, it'll probably stick. At this point, it's probably too late to change it. If someone refers to the Daniel Craig, you know what he's referring to. Unless you're one of those "well actually..." people. :D

I'll still call it the white Speedmaster though.

Also, let's not act like we're above the Rolex folks. The most iconic Speedmaster is called the Ed White. I don't see anyone disputing that name.

My issue isnt with nicknames in general, but just bad nicknames that dont make sense. Rolex nicknames actually make sense for the most part. The Ed White also makes sense based on historical connection and the whole space theme.

If we ended up calling one of the Bond SMPs the "Daniel Craig" cause it was his favorite one or something, I'd be more ok with that.

Like 4
Agreed it would make more sense for a Bond SMP to be named after him. Like the NTTD I’ve read he had input on. It doesn’t really make sense to nickname the white Speedmaster after him because he leaked it at an event. I don’t mind nicknames in general so if it sticks oh well. I’ll stick to calling it the white Speedmaster though.

I like calling it the Daniel Craig. Doesnt bother me a bit. Calling it <the> white dial speedy makes sense but my mind immediately jumps to... "Ok, but which one"?.

Feels like if any Omega should carry DC's name it would be his NTTD Seamaster OR the blue faced Aqua Terra which he probably wears more than anything in his personal life + nearly every Bond film he's been in.

Like 1
We aren't going to go with the usual nomenclature of superheroes and soft drinks?
/s

Like 4
Are we talking about the new “ invisible snoopy” here ??

Are we talking about the new “ invisible snoopy” here ??

Now you're talking. In fact, I might pick one up just to flip it as a highly collectible "Snoopy error dial."

Like 1
Yes, Daniel Craig it is... ::stirthepot::

Like 3
Daniel Craig wore a bunch of Omegas, it will be confusing. I thought of this when I saw the thread title. QUANTUM OF SOLACE 1000003536.jpg

Like 2
I’ve called it the Daniel Craig but am trying to avoid that now.

I still think perhaps Gene Cernan should have taken off rather than Ed White. But, I have a tendency to just call it the stainless steel 321, which is admittedly not the best term…