Forums Latest Members
  1. brantrandall Dec 9, 2018

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-O...h=item23b0ea4e4c:g:3zwAAOSwctJcCGfi:rk:1:pf:0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    The stampings on the bracelet seem to be softer and not as crisp, as genuine bracelets

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-OR...h=item28705d6685:g:JuMAAOSwO-pcDYNc:rk:2:pf:0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    The stainless steel stamping seems crisper, and right, but the made in use, no.12, omega logo, are upside-down from each other, and appear softer and not as crisp.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-...=item3fb3694416:g:HU0AAOSwhY9cBZu2:rk:50:pf:0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    And this one again has that elongated omega logo

plus i’ve noticed the omega logo in these seem to be taller and skinner, and the authentic ones seem to be squattier, more like a perfect circle. Am I wrong in noticing that? Could these still be authentic in your opinion?

Edited Dec 9, 2018
  2. wsfarrell Dec 9, 2018

I just looked at the first one. The biggest tell for me is the way the outer edges of the links are finished. They are very nicely beveled on this one, suggesting to me that it's genuine.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 9, 2018

They all look OK to me.

Keep in mind these bracelets were made over quite a long period of time and by more than a few different makers, and yes in the USA as well.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 9, 2018

5. brantrandall Dec 9, 2018

Yeah I read that and tried to evaluate how the “soft” stamping were different than the sharper ones, and was trying to go by that on these. Maybe I’m being over critical? Have you noticed that different shaped omega logo ever? Squatty vs taller? If you have noticed differences, is that what you’re meaning by they were made by many mfg’s over many years, hence slight variations?

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 9, 2018

Yes, yes, yes.

brantrandall and qboa like this.
  7. Edward53 Dec 10, 2018

One way to tell the fakes if you are holding one (by which time it is possibly too late!), or hopefully if the right pics are provided, is that the links don't separate properly if you lower them to fold into the palm of your hand and then lift them up again. On a genuine BOR they should then hang down in a straight line, but on the fakes they stay somewhat bunched up. Evidently the clearance between the individual links isn't right. Also I don't think the end links are usually marked?

I have seen quite a few of these "aftermarket" (a weasel word for fake) BORs on genuine watches on ebay.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  8. brantrandall Dec 10, 2018

I feel like I’m absorbing the right ideas and getting a good eye for what’s what. And I think now I agree with the other posts that these seem legit. Except I can’t like the one with the stampings upside down from one another. It’s also probably legit. Just unfortunate placement and aesthetically not pleasing. Would you spend your $ on these 3 given the pictures provided. I think I’m going to make a bid. At least on the first one.

9. Y.S. Dec 10, 2018

8198BDBB-C6AF-4F7E-823B-9A7029A221E8.jpeg 214D324F-EC01-448E-BEF7-DC0603FF4437.jpeg
    Edited Dec 10, 2018
  10. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 10, 2018

brantrandall and Y.S. like this.