Forums Latest Members
  1. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 16, 2019

Damn!

I missed that! Must pay more attention to what I'm doing instead of flicking between ΩF and eBay.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  2. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Aug 16, 2019

Good Lord Jw! :eek: Are you suggesting that Omega Forum members have the time to indulge themselves in such unseemlyness as 'yodeling up the canyon', 'lizard racing', 'snarling at the busby', 'wearing the trappers hat' or 'munching on the furry burger'?::shy::

Edited Aug 16, 2019
    Nathan1967, Als 27, queriver and 3 others like this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 16, 2019

rofl-misc-1.gif

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  4. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Aug 16, 2019

It's raining here in the UK Jim....and I've got 'fakk all' else to do today but amuse myself with juvenile nonsense.:D

Als 27 and Spacefruit like this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 16, 2019

Raining in Cornwall? I'd never believe it. ;)

I thought it was always like this:

[​IMG]

6. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Aug 16, 2019

Well that looks like the lovely Towan beach in Newquay. Spent many summer days there as a kid. Bit further West than Dorset.:)

7. eelpie Aug 16, 2019

Do you honestly believe the only way Omega could get their name on a box of fountain pen cartridges would be to go into the fountain pen cartridge business?

Wouldn't it be possible for the pen manufacturer to knock out 50, or 100, or 1,000 boxes with the Omega's name or logo on them?

queriver likes this.
  8. queriver Aug 16, 2019

Just use Google Translate in camera mode for a rough translation.

9. Tigeranteater Aug 17, 2019

I collect vintage fountain pens. It is a rabbit hole that you do not want to go down Vintage pens can cost as much as our watches. That said the value of these are limited to mostly Omega aficionados. I would use these and enjoy them. They use a cartridge or can use regular ink using the filler. I use ink from 1930 for kicks in my vintage pens.

10. eelpie Aug 17, 2019

I won't use the pen set as it appears new, and I have other pens.

I am first and foremost a watch guy, and when I saw the estate sale photos I knew I had to snag the set because of the Omega connection. Just learning about the set has been worth the six bucks I paid. I will put the set into my box of Omega stuff and forget them.

At any given estate sale or auction I look first at the watches, and then at knives, pens, musical instruments, and even yo-yos. I have collected Bucherer Rolex spoons for a few years and I now have about 160 of them, never paying more than three bucks each.

If you have a good eye you can frequently pick up something a seller either missed, or that they knew nothing about. As Emil Faber said, knowledge is good . . .

ConElPueblo and JwRosenthal like this.