Are spring bars under SEL better removed by a double spring bar tool?

Just a reminder that you should change the spring bars every so often. I had a watch come in recently and when I removed the strap the spring bar completely fell apart...

Like 3
I just use a normal spring bar tool - Bergeon 6111. It has always worked fine, and I've never felt the need to use these two pronged style tools.
People talk a lot about scratches and using tape to avoid that .

Are you of the camp that a scratch on the lug is normal. or do you use tape, or is your tool + technique good enough that there are no scratches? Thanks

Just a reminder that you should change the spring bars every so often. I had a watch come in recently and when I removed the strap the spring bar completely fell apart...

I have never heard of this issue. Are you saying that the spring bars should be replaced at service (every 5-8 years), or are you saying every couple years? Thanks.

People talk a lot about scratches and using tape to avoid that .

Are you of the camp that a scratch on the lug is normal. or do you use tape, or is your tool + technique good enough that there are no scratches? Thanks

I don’t tape lugs. Scratches are not normal.

I have never heard of this issue. Are you saying that the spring bars should be replaced at service (every 5-8 years), or are you saying every couple years? Thanks.

At least at every service. It depends on use, so if you wear one watch all the time, I would change it sooner than that.

I don’t tape lugs. Scratches are not normal.

How do you avoid scratches? I find that the spring bar, when disengaged, is stuck between the lugs. Do you disengage both, and the lift one up?