Forums Latest Members
  1. Clibka Aug 18, 2016

So I have read the sticky and done the search about archive extracts. What I would like to know is: what value (if any) does an extract lend to a watch? Has anyone ever had an experience where an extract leant value that otherwise wouldn't have been there?

Or is it more of a warm fuzzy feeling of assurance? :p

Cheers!

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 18, 2016

Warm fuzzy, but nice icing on the cake for me. Depends on the ref. Extracts are not available for the ones I like.... :unsure:

3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Aug 19, 2016

The other day I came across an Omega with an extract that was my birthdate. Reached out to the owner. Price was out of my reach. :(

Really just warm and fuzzy for me. I am looking forward to one I have on order for my Mark III.

I have them for my Ploprof and Ed White. ::love::

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 19, 2016

145.022-7x and earlier may not match the year marked on the caseback. Some people want to know the exact date. It can also sometimes be used to verify a special edition is actually a special edition and not a different dial. Sometimes it can be used to verify movements match the case. Sometimes rarely it has dial and bracelet info.

5. dialstatic Aug 19, 2016

It's just nice to have, for me. Part of the watch's story. Plus, they look cool with the wax seal and everything.

When buying a watch, for me it doesn't necessarily translate to extra value, but sometimes to confidence (esp. when accompanied by original papers).

6. Clibka Aug 19, 2016

Thanks for the well thought out responses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. virro Aug 19, 2016

Some refs often have the wrong movement, the extract comes in handy when you need to confirm if that watch came with that movement :)

8. mozambique Aug 19, 2016

Main benefits is confirming the movement belonged to the watch reference e.g. a seamaster 321 was not substituted for a speedmaster 321. Also to confirm provenance of special editions e.g. PAF, ACP etc.