Aqua Terra Update?

If the Aqua Terra was last updated in 2017 and prior to that in 09ish, should we be expecting another update in 2024 or 2025? It falls in line with their 7-8 year refresh cycle.

If the Aqua Terra was last updated in 2017 and prior to that in 09ish, should we be expecting another update in 2024 or 2025? It falls in line with their 7-8 year refresh cycle.
Hi, I hope that your "vision" turns to reality, because it would be nice if Omega decided to change the butterfly bracelet in a deployant fold over clasp and maybe a fluted bezel made of tungsten steel it would definitely gave the aqua terra line a more sporty look.

Hi, I hope that your "vision" turns to reality, because it would be nice if Omega decided to change the butterfly bracelet in a deployant fold over clasp and maybe a fluted bezel made of tungsten steel it would definitely gave the aqua terra line a more sporty look.
Like an Invicata.

While they’re at it, if they added a ceramic dive insert to that bezel, and maybe an HE valve… I’ve been saying for years that they should update the Seamaster line by making them all chronographs—lose the HE valves there, reduce the water resistance, fine, and I’m even ok with changing the bracelet design. This would allow them to make Speedmasters a bit dressier. (I’ve always found the chronograph feature a little off-putting on a dressy watch.)

Didnt they recently update the aqua terra's with those new dial colours and the wannabe president bracelet?

Didnt they recently update the aqua terra's with those new dial colours and the wannabe president bracelet?

Correct.

Sorry for all my snark in this thread. I think I was triggered by the mere notion of changing the AT butterfly clasp bracelet, which, imo, is the best one Omega makes. The AT needs no updating, as far as I’m concerned.

they still haven't updated the Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon from 2013, which isn't even a Master Chronometer yet

you can't really expect a pattern with Omega anymore

I think a fluted bezel is unlikely on the AT all the while the Globemaster line is still current, tbh. Given that the same movements are inside both now, the fluted bezel and pie pan dial of the GM are the strongest design features that differentiate it from the AT.

Having just acquired one of the latest ATs, I think it has a place in the catalogue that is pretty solid (the range is now over 20 years old). Many would quibble about the bracelet, possibly the bezel, but I think it already has a sporty look and its own identity. There’s not much I would change for now.

Right on cue, I’m going to chime in here: Omega really needs to put some lume on the shaft of the AT minute hand, not just on the arrow tip.

The way it is now, if the minute hand is on or close to any of the hour markers, the lumed tip is absorbed into the hour marker and is virtually impossible to see at night.

I’ve mentioned this in other threads - sorry to be repetitive. My pet peeve, I guess.

Right on cue, I’m going to chime in here: Omega really needs to put some lume on the shaft of the AT minute hand, not just on the arrow tip.

The way it is now, if the minute hand is on or close to any of the hour markers, the lumed tip is absorbed into the hour marker and is virtually impossible to see at night.

I’ve mentioned this in other threads - sorry to be repetitive. My pet peeve, I guess.
so you want the whole shaft lumed and not just the tip?

so you want the whole shaft lumed and not just the tip?
Lumed or lubed?

Sorry but that one was served up on a silver platter.

Correct.

Sorry for all my snark in this thread. I think I was triggered by the mere notion of changing the AT butterfly clasp bracelet, which, imo, is the best one Omega makes. The AT needs no updating, as far as I’m concerned.

I must say after owning my first AT for a few weeks now I really don't get the hate for the bracelet, or the clasp. Sure it has no micro-adjust which I suppose with the long running trend if dive watches people are used to, but it's so neat and comfortable and with two half links it's easy to get a perfect fit.

Surprisingly I don't even mind the pcl's here which I normally dislike, seems to suit the casual to dressy/all occasions nature of the watch.

My plan when I bought mine was too remove the bracelet immediately and stood it for safe keeping, but nope been wearing it as is since it arrived.

I should specify mine is the previous generation bracelet which IMO is slightly better than the one that replaced it(which is a little slimmer, and the clasp has a less natural shape for a flat wrist like mine).

Right—the AT is not a dive watch: having a bulky dive clasp on an AT bracelet just feels wrong to me. (Don’t get me wrong—I do love having a good dive clasp on a proper diver.) If Omega could work some Vacheron-level magic and incorporate microadjust in the AT’s concealed clasp bracelet design, that would be phenomenal. But I wouldn’t want microadjust at the expense of the concealed clasp—the latter is a big part of what makes the AT what it is.

Which is to say: a go-anywhere-do-anything watch that you can swim or play sports with but can also wear with any attire from shorts to tuxedoes. (Or with shorts AND a tuxedo, if you’re that guy.)

Much as I love wearing a dive watch, doing so feels like indulging in a juvenile fantasy: like wearing some professional athlete’s jersey or visiting a dude ranch. Awesome watches, but I’m not a diver, and even the most basic dive watches are way overengineered for any of my needs. The AT, by contrast, is a grownup watch that is practical, stylish and sexy without being ostentatious or pretentious. And I’d argue that it’s the strongest contender in Omega’s catalog for a one-and-done piece. The bracelet is a big part of that.

…In my heavily biased opinion. I’m not an Omega fanboy—even if it is probably my favorite brand. If they put a dive (or Speedy-style) clasp on the AT, and if I were in the market for a new daily piece, I’d probably opt for an Oyster Perpetual or Datejust instead. Or I’d finally pull the trigger on that Aussie-edition Seiko that STANDY’s been trying to sell for years now.

Surprisingly I don't even mind the pcl's here

I’m not a fan of pcl bracelets either. My current AT has a fully brushed bracelet, but fwiw when I had the green teak-style-dial one a while back I brushed the center links myself (and posted about it here at the time) and was very pleased with the results. It took patience and care, but only about half an hour to do it. And when I went to sell the watch, it did not negatively impact the price—it may, in fact, have made it easier to sell.

Offering the AT bracelet fully brushed from that factory: that’s an update I wouldn’t mind!

Just bought the wife, AquaTerra 34 with the pink dial. This is the watch she asked for so I was certainly happy to oblige and she loves it. They didn’t supply any extra links, luckily only had to remove one. As a person who is more critical of watches than she is, I would say the option for a fluted bezel would be nice and yes, there is no micro adjust, but it seemed to fit her wrist. On this smaller one, no minute indices either.
She’s been very careful with it, but I told her to beat the shit out of it and wear it at work because it’s just like anything I own, eventually will bring it in and get it serviced- hopefully 10 years.

This times 1000. I own the 38.5mm Skyfall blue (vertical teak) and the newer 38mm blue (horizontal teak), and the lack of lume down the length of the minute hand drives me nuts. Like you said, it causes the tip of the minute hand to blend in with the indices. You can tell the time, but it takes a moment or two for the brain to de-conflict the two. 🤬

Correct.

I think a second bracelet option would be a good alternative and will give customers two dressy options (croc strap or current bracelet) and two sporty options (rubber strap and some new bracelet with a fold over clasp w/microadjustment).