Aqua Terra Shades Cal 8800 Accuracy

A few days ago I branched out from my vintage Omega Seamaster collection and purchased a brand new Aqua Terra 38mm in Bay Green. (First watch with a box and papers. )

I put it on my timegrapher to confirm, but I’m seeing a consistent +3 - +5 seconds a day. I believe this is in spec for the master chronometer rating, but wanted to know if others with a relatively new Cal 8800 have a similar experience?

Thanks!

Like 2
First, the Master Chronometer isn't a singular specification. It doesn't really compare straight across to a random timegrapher result. That said, I think your watch is running fine. Since March 10, 2024, my cal. 8800 in a green Seamaster is running within +2 seconds per day and I wear it pretty much all the time.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-8800-caliber-accuracy.162280/

And that Aqua Terra is absolutely stunning.

Like 3
Beautiful watch. I have a few 8800-based watches. They perform in the +2 / +3s pd or better, depending on usage and positioning at rest.

I will say that neither seems to be as consistent as my 8900-based models, but sometimes more accurate.

My most recent 8800 also comfortably exceeds its PR, at over 61 hours. All have been essentially immune to the sometimes high levels of EMI hospital rounds.

Like 1
Beautiful watch. I have a few 8800-based watches. They perform in the +2 / +3s pd or better, depending on usage and positioning at rest.

I will say that neither seems to be as consistent as my 8900-based models, but sometimes more accurate.

My most recent 8800 also comfortably exceeds its PR, at over 61 hours. All have been essentially immune to the sometimes high levels of EMI hospital rounds.
+3 to +5 is, as others have said, within spec and really good. Mine runs like that if I wear it 24/7.

However, by placing my AT 41 crown down at night, I can improve its accuracy a bit:

Thanks all!

What are your recommendations for cleaning the bracelet and case as it wears in and becomes dirty. Obviously no polishing.

Thanks all!

What are your recommendations for cleaning the bracelet and case as it wears in and becomes dirty. Obviously no polishing.

A clean, soft bristle toothbrush That you keep away from any source of dust. regular hand soap works well. I don't have any issues wiping mine on a t-shirt but if you are worried about incidental scratches maybe have some soft microfibers that are also not exposed to dust sources.

Like 2