Forums Latest Members
  1. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 7, 2015

So I've been digging the Aqua Terra Chrono recently... But don't see many people review, talk or show it off. What's your guys take on it, worth the price?
    And should I buy the current version or wait until it becomes a "master co-axial" ?

image.jpg
  2. Shem Apr 7, 2015

I personally think it's awesome and has very useful complications. It's quite a large watch, though.

3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 7, 2015

Looks good. A bit more modern, hitech maybe?, that it's siblings.

Quite nice... have you had it on your wrist?

4. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 7, 2015

Didn't get it on the wrist... Tried on its older version with the 33** movement and liked it. But think this newer one is a perfect bit of class and sport.
    The size is actually perfect for me, I have 7.5in wrists and am used to bigger dials. The smallest watch I own is my recently purchased sapphire sandwhich.

image.jpg image.jpg
  5. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 7, 2015

Love me some GMT.

6. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 7, 2015

Question is whether its wiser to wait for the master co-axial to be added and how long a wait that may be.

7. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 7, 2015

This is OF. The answer is don't wait. Buy this one now and the Master when it comes.

I'd personally not hold out. Buying the Master when it comes out would be expensive. But if the latest features are important, then, we'll, get both.

::stirthepot::

8. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 7, 2015

I like variety, can't see myself buying something and having two just because one is a upgrade. I'd rather wait a little.
    But the hard part is certainly waiting!

watchme likes this.
  9. NT931 Apr 8, 2015

It wears rather large indeed, but it should be OK if you have 7.5" wrists.

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 8, 2015

I quite like the first one you posted as the GMT on the running seconds subdial is a really clean and elegant way to add that complication without causing a mess that makes the chronograph hard to read. I think that's actually one of the best GMT chronograph layout designs for that reason.

Frunkinator likes this.
  11. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 8, 2015

Yeah that's the one that has my interest... Just haven't seen many around, even in here.

12. kaito1000 Apr 10, 2015

love my AT Chrono - I have big wrists (8.5) and it looks perfect.

13. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 10, 2015

I went and tried the one I like on, pretty nice.

image.jpg image.jpg
  14. yinzerniner Apr 10, 2015

A bit too busy of a dial for my tastes with the completely different finish and surface treatment on the subdials, as well as the GMT function being integrated in one of the subdials, but it looks like it fits your wrists damn near perfectly so if it sings to you, why not?

Frunkinator likes this.
  15. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 10, 2015

Yeah it certainly fits well, I have 7.5in wrists. It's something to kick around for sure. But this is a pricey one and would need to sell my sapphire sandwich first before buying anything right now...

16. Shem Apr 10, 2015

The only thing that stops me from loving this one is the red GMT accents (especially the GMT hand itself) are a bit cartoony to me on an otherwise very crisp and elegant watch.

17. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 10, 2015

The red gmt accents are what I love most! They had the older version without it in the store and it just didn't quite pop the same way. IMO of course :)

18. Master Wright Apr 12, 2015

Personally I'd wait for the master as you know its on the cards ...
    but It could be sometime unfortunately !!

19. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Apr 12, 2015

Yeah
    I think you're right, wonder if the same goes for the planet ocean line. They have been the same for a few years now...

Master Wright likes this.
  20. Master Wright Apr 12, 2015

Yep think so & I'd be up for a Planet Ocean to when they roll that out as a master .... I had to sell my
    orange one a couple of years ago to pay for a holiday ::facepalm2::