Forums Latest Members
  1. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 7, 2015

Hi I'm new here and I don't know much about omega AT GMT but one thing I know that I like it a lot. Now my question is those are fairly expensive watch (retail $9200) do they have good movement in it ?
    Also there is a lot of people selling those new on ebay from $5000 or so. Is it safe to buy those of ebay for almost 50% off or are those fakes? Is there any seller in particular that sells the real deal ? Or someone who I should stay away from ? What should I be careful about or what should I check ?
    Now my local omega has those for $9200 and they are not selling for now two years so why should I buy it from them if I can buy it new for $5000 or can I ?
    Also what you guys think about the color choices ?
    Thanks for your help!

$_15.JPG $_12.JPG omega-aqua-terra-231-50-44-52-06-001-5.gif.jpg
  2. Mike a Jul 7, 2015

I have the white dial and black strap and love it! I am by no means a movement expert but this was just before Omega brought their in-house movements out and early versions of the 3603 had some issues but were resolved when this watch came out...I guess a combination of all the above led to it not being a big seller

3. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 7, 2015

How much did you pay for it and where did you buy it.

4. shutterlife Jul 7, 2015

I'll take the white dial

5. gttime Jul 8, 2015

These are great but heavily discounted models. Perhaps Omega over produced or. It hugely popular? But yes there are tons in the grey market. Yes 50% off at the large grey dealers.

I love them and love the white dial.

I have the blue AT GMT non-chrono. It's a great watch.

6. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 8, 2015

Grey market ? What does it mean ?

7. Mike a Jul 8, 2015

I purchased mine grey for over a 50% discount. It's a ton of watch for that

8. Mike a Jul 8, 2015

Grey as in not an authorized dealer so no factory warranty. However there are very reputable grey dealers that you can puchase with confidence from.

9. Mike a Jul 8, 2015

sengvin likes this.
  10. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 8, 2015

Looks like everyone is offering warranty anyways. Does that mean they will fix the watch them self? Also if I buy it on gray market how much would it cost to have it fix by omega if something happened?
    How long is the original factory warranty?

11. chickenman26 Jul 8, 2015

That model has a 3-year Omega warranty...if bought from a boutique or authorized dealer. If bought from grey market, then yes, the grey seller sends it to their watchmaker, not Omega. That's a gamble. Full Omega out of warranty service on this watch is a bit over $700, and it comes back with 2-year warranty. Forum member Kringkily can get you this watch at near grey market price, and you'd have the full Omega warranty. Contact him by private message, or he might even contact you if he sees this thread.

Edited Jul 9, 2015
  12. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 8, 2015

Well if I but it for 5k and have to do service on it from omega it will cost me $5700 and that is still worth it. I just don't want to buy 5k fake watch

13. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 8, 2015

Also if everything is good how often does it need to be serviced?

14. chickenman26 Jul 8, 2015

Sounds like someone needs to do a little homework.

15. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 8, 2015

That is exactly what I'm doing now. Well omega dealer said it needs service every 10 years unlike role every 5 years but that's why I'm here to hear from you guys. 5k is not exactly cheap so I better ask now than later and where else to go if not on omega forum.

16. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 8, 2015

Hi guys the watchesonnet.com store has them , Does anybody have any experience with this site ?

17. Speedy1 Jul 8, 2015

This is an excellent watch for the money, I bought mine new gray market from Japan for under $4k shipped. The 3000 series movment had the bugs worked out long ago, and is a terrific movement, with a nice crisp column wheel and healthly power reserve. Plus, the hands and markers on this one are 18k white gold, another bonus. Highly recommended watch

sengvin likes this.
  18. sengvin thinks there's free cheese on a mouse trap Jul 15, 2015

Is it safe to swim with those ?