Forums Latest Members

Approved or not ? Universal Polerouter

1. Doddy123 Dec 17, 2017

Hi guys ,

I wanted to have your opinion : do you approve ? Would you recommend at its price ? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    For 1000 USD : [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

watch3s likes this.
  2. Lucas Dec 17, 2017

yeh

watch3s likes this.
  3. Doddy123 Dec 17, 2017

SOMEONE ELSE ?

4. BenBagbag Dec 17, 2017

Dude pull yourself together. You said in another forum that you can't afford a watch that will be over 800 dollars. A genuine polerouter will undoubtedly go above that. Sit back, relax and watch the price action of a few different models before starting thread after thread. Until you're ready to wade the waters of eBay maybe just stick to the watched from the private watch sale forum.

I didn't buy a vintage watch until 3 months after learning about them. Take your time and stop soliciting unlimited free advice with no sense of what you're getting yourself into.

Best of luck. We're here when you are actually ready to spend the money to buy a watch.

5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 17, 2017

@Doddy123, if there is one watch in the UG line that is loved on this forum beyond the Tri-Compax, it is the Polerouter. You have but to search here and you will be a educated buyer in no time. Help us help you by doing some homework that will lead to you asking informed questions.

6. Doddy123 Dec 17, 2017

Because i felt in love on this model . I did extra work for 2 weeks to be able to ADD 200 USD to my wallet .
    I just wanted to know what are your thoughts on this one . Kinda share with people here... Not trying to ask for " free advice " like you are saying .
    Just wanted to know if you guys find it nice or not .
    1000 USD is such a great price for this one from what i know about that .

7. fanimal Dec 17, 2017

I don't think it's "such a great price." It's around the expected price for a Polerouter like this. But to speak frankly as a fellow newcomer, your intentions aren't really coming across as trying to "share with people here." You posted clearly because you want instant advice on a purchase that is time-sensitive. Your all-caps comment for "SOMEONE ELSE?" just reinforces that impression.

Davidt likes this.
  8. GuiltyBoomerang Dec 18, 2017

$1000USD is on the "okayish" side of pricing. Doesn't mean it will only be $1000USD you'll spend if it's a nightmare to service at the watchmaker's.

This quote from the novel "Dune" by Frank Herbert is for a thought during a fight, though it applies equally to watch hunting as well:

Doddy123 and Larry S like this.
  9. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Dec 18, 2017

That is a very good point...I'm living that nightmare right how although there is now light at the tunnel since parts are on the way . Even with an expert watchmaker, these are a unique technology and parts are scarce. If you are scraping to buy one, this might not be a good idea.

Doddy123 likes this.