Forums Latest Members

Appreciation From Long Time Member!

1. Hijak Mar 1, 2019

Wanted to show my appreciation for all the work done to keep this forum up and running. I’ve heard a lot about how this forum isn’t what it used to be (just a bunch of cranky old guys saying this.;)) but it is still far better than anything else out there! Not to sound too cocky but I have some kick ass watches, mostly acquired through this forum and if not acquired directly through OF certainly with the advice of some of its knowledgeable members. Also I’ve had the opportunity to meet, in person, some outstanding people from OF and cultivate friendships. Even though I haven’t been around as much as I’d like lately OF is an important community to me and I thank Ash, Trev and all of the moderators who make this unique place possible!!!

Sicerly,
    Just a guy who likes watches

BenBagbag, Dedalus05, kov and 29 others like this.
  2. Vitezi Mar 1, 2019

This thread is useless without pictures :)

Dedalus05, Foo2rama, oddboy and 2 others like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 1, 2019

@Hijak ... Shorter tenure but I could type the very same thing you did. So ditto from me.

Hijak likes this.
  4. Willem023 Mar 1, 2019

Very much so! Living in a part of the world where there is hardly any means of seeing the really nice watches 'in the flesh', this Forum is a real life-line to me!!

Thanks guys!

Willem

Hijak likes this.
  5. Hijak Mar 1, 2019

I understand the sentiment but this thread wasn’t about that really.:)

As an example, and I won’t name names, but as a newer member I posted pictures of my new vintage Seamaster day/date (very proudly by the way) a fellow long time member noticed that the days were in Spanish and he sent a PM offering an English day wheel saying he had a few and it was no big deal and no payment was necessary. This is the real tone of this community and I’m sure there are many stories that you all could share just like this. Acts of generosity like this are common here...so please do share! Leave the names out (to protect the innocent;)) and it doesn’t have to be something tangible, an instance where someone took the time to help a less knowledgeable member or what ever...but do share the things that make OF a special place in this thread...

Your friend in watches,
    Hijak (Ed)

6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 1, 2019

Yes if we wanted pictures it would be of Austin Healeys :D

khmt2, Vitezi and Hijak like this.
  7. Hijak Mar 1, 2019

Just for that...

14169880-CE01-4ADF-93B6-F418BA5704A5.jpeg
    But really, out with the old and in with the new...
    9734CD27-9613-47ED-88A8-F00E9B5DA644.jpeg

tamura, ChrisN, khmt2 and 4 others like this.
  8. Jonathan40 Mar 1, 2019

A lovely initial post and agree totally even with with my limited time being around this forum.
    The picture looks like the USA so with that in mind and the price of gas my guess on the model is 350 or 420 outside chance of a 560. Whatever it is it’s beautiful, a car built without compromise to last a very very long time and draw admiring looks every day of its life.

Hijak likes this.
  9. Hijak Mar 1, 2019

Thanks! I am in the US, picture of A.H. is from South Carolina and picture of Mercedes, which is actually a 74 450SL, is from Wisconsin.

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 1, 2020

Just want to add the sentiment from @Hijak above. ( and ride on his greatful thoughts above )

It’s the time of the year we should thank @dsio and @Trev and all the Mods for the forum we all enjoy